Chapter Twenty Four

Georgie's Point of View

Winter break starts tomorrow. Ever since me and Joey broke up there's definitely a division in our group dynamic. Us girls stick together, plus Stone and Colt. Joey, Andy, and Tommy kind of stick together, and Carmen is in the middle along with Stone, and Colt.

We're all still friendly, but the two separate groups are plain to see. I can't believe it's already been two months since we broke up. Two months since he went to A.A., and I went to therapy. I'm currently in the process of pressing charges against Clay, as well. Oh, and turns out Beatrice is his sister. Go figure.

"Hey Blondie," Wen says walking up to me.

"Hey Barbie," I say with a smile. She rolls her eyes.

"Anyway," she begins. "It's been weird these past two months."

I sigh. "Yeah, I didn't mean for this to happen," I say.

"It's not just your's and Joey's fault, we all just drifted," she says.

"Is Carmen hanging with us today?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Her and Tommy have a date," she says.

"Oh," I say. I missed having her around. I missed having all of them around.

"Yeah, and Colt wants to take me riding," she says.

I'm stunned. Colt hasn't gone riding in a while. "Wow," I say.

"Yeah I figured this was a big step for him," she says.

"Go, I'll hang with Lena," I say.

"She's got a thing with her parents tonight," Wendy says.

"We can hang," Stone says throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Really? There's no band things?" I ask.

"Nah Georgette. We are in hiatus until we can find a new manager," he says smiling at me.

"That's probably for the best, considering me and Joey can't even look at each other," I say.

"What's with all the weirdness anyway?" He asks.

"Maybe we just realized we weren't right for each other, and it's too weird to go back to what it use to be," I say, and lean up against my locker.

"Do you regret it?" Wendy asks. I look at her confused. "Do you wish you two had never dated?" She clarifies.

"No I don't. I could never regret Joey," I say sadly.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Stone asks.

"I think I'm in love with him," I say with a wry laugh. "But not being together is the right thing to do." I answer his question the best I can. We were toxic for each other. He was fire, and I was gasoline. While we were beautiful together, we were just destroying ourselves and everything around us.

"Well I gotta go meet Colt, you two have fun," Wendy says walking down the hallway.

"What do you wanna do Georgette?" Stone asks.