Chapter One

Joey's Point of View

I walk into the double doors of the hell hole that is my high school, and I automatically feel like being hit by a car. Girls are screaming over the fact they're seeing the same friends they've had since freshman year, and some assholes are hitting people with paper balls. Probably because they don't have any real ones. Ugh. Whoever said high school is the best four years of your life was dropping some serious fucking acid.

My brown curls are sticking to my forehead from the humidity of the Florida sun. Summer break may only be two months, but the summer humidity is forever here in Florida.

I open my locker and take out my books for my first four classes, and when I close it, she's standing there. She is Georgia Rae Collins, or as I call her Georgie. She's been my best friend since middle school and I just so happen to be completely, and utterly in love with her. Yeah, how cliche right?

"Hey Joey, how's it hanging?" She asks me. Her blue eyes shine like the ocean, and her blonde hair hangs in cascades down her back. She's wearing her favorite Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt and her smile is lighting up the hallway.

"I would rather be at a concert, but here we are," I say with a smirk. I want to tell her how I feel, but I know better than to do that.

"Wouldn't we all?" She jokes. Her laugh is a beautiful sound. I smile at her.

"You're happy for someone who has to be in school right now," I say.

"It's Senior year Joey! Of course I am," she exclaims.

I smile. "I wish I shared your sentiment, Georgie."

She rolls her eyes. "Lighten up Joey."

"Gia!" I hear a familiar voice call. A voice that makes me want to punch him in the face. Georgie's boyfriend, Jesse, walks over to us.

"Still hanging with this loser?" He asks, putting his arm around her shoulders. Jesse is built like a tank. He's six feet, two hundred fifty pounds of pure steroids, but he's a pretty decent linebacker.

"Still dating this meathead Georgie?" I reply snarkily. He may have me out muscled, well he just has me beat in everything considering I'm only 5'11, but he doesn't have me beat by much!

"Play nice you two," Georgie warns.

"Gia, why do you let him call you that ridiculous name baby? You're too good for such a dumbass nickname," Jesse says clearly trying to piss me off.

"It's just a nickname Jesse," Georgie defends.

"It's stupid," he replies.

"You should know," I snap. He glares at me, but Georgie gives us a warning look.

"I'll meet you in class okay babe," She tells Jesse.

"Fine," he says glaring at me. He kisses her on the cheek, gives me one last glare, and saunters off to join the rest of his cavemen buddies.

"I wish you two could just get a long Joey," she says.

"Why am I the only one who calls you Georgie anymore?" I ask.