Chapter Thirty One

Joey's Point of View

It's finally Friday. Tonight's the concert and that's all Georgia has been able to focus on. Which is a relief honestly. It's better she's focuses on positive stuff instead of country's lack of a justice system.

Stone is sitting in my computer chair playing my Xbox. I glare at him. "Ya know you could have least waited till I was awake," I say.

"Yeah, but who knows how long that woulda been," Stone quips. We decided to skip school today so we can make last minute preparations.

I sit up and look at Stone. "Hey man can you pause that for a sec?" I ask.

He pauses it and looks at me. "What's up sleeping beauty?" He asks with a laugh.

"I just wanted to check in with you, ya know. After everything," I trail off.

"You mean am I still in love with your girlfriend? Most definitely dude. Sorry," he says.

"At least you're honest," I say with a wry chuckle.

"Well I'm not gonna lie to you dude. And if you're worried about me making moves on her, you shouldn't because I won't," he says.

"Okay man," I say.

"Good," he states. "Now that all this touchy feely shit is over, I need a snack." He gets up and walks out of my room into my kitchen as I chuckle.

I get up and get dressed, then I follow Stone out into the kitchen. "Ya got any potato chips?" He asks with his mouth full of sandwich.

I laugh. "No, you ate them all the last one you were here." I take a water out of the fridge and down half of it.

"Ya dying or something dude?" Stone asks laughing.

"No just thirsty," I say.

"When is everyone else suppose to be coming over?" He asks.

"Uh they should be here soon. They said they would ditch out after lunch," I explain.

"Awesome dude," he says.

"Actually I think that's them now," I say as I hear a car pull up. The gang waltzes in loudly. Georgia is laughing. Like really laughing and it's wonderful. She's been so depressed, I though I would never hear her truly laugh again.

"Hey y'all," Georgie says.

"Keller do you really have to eat everything, in every kitchen you come across?" Wendy asks rolling her eyes at Stone, who is stuffing his face.

"At least I don't eat the souls innocent humans like you do Barbie," Stone snaps back.

"Well if that's the case, then you have nothing to worry about Keller," she says with a sarcastic smile.

"God you two are exhausting," Lena says making us laugh.

"Yeah what crawled up your ass Barbie?" Andy asks eating some of Stone's chips. Stone glares at him and swats his hand away as Andy just shrugs and laughs.

"Just wish he wouldn't chew so loud," Wendy says glaring at Stone. Stone smiles and smacks his lips even louder, make Wendy grit her teeth.

"Jesus Barbie are you PMSing or some shit?" Andy asks with a laugh.

"Hey," Carmen says. "Just because a woman is cranky doesn't mean she's on her period."

"It was a joke Car, calm down," Andy says.

"No. Because that is how the patriarchy keeps us down," Carmen states firmly.

"I'm sorry," Andy says holding his hands up in surrender. Tommy squeezes Carmen into his side a little tighter as she smiles up at him.

"Y'all this suppose to be a good day," Georgie says. "We're going to see Avenged Sevenfold." She's smiling ear to ear and I can't help, but smile. She's so beautiful.

"That's right," I say. "So everyone needs to get along tonight." I look at each person and dare them to cause anymore riff raff. This night is for Georgie. Something to keep her positive and out of the dark place.

"Fine, but I need to use your restroom," Wendy says and walks towards the bathroom.

"Yo what is up with her?" Tommy asks when she's out of earshot.

"Yeah she's a lot bitchier than usual," Stone adds.

"I have no clue," Lena says. She looks at Carmen and Georgie and they just shrug.

"Maybe someone should go talk to her," I suggest.

"I'll do it," Georgie says and walks toward the bathroom.

I watch her as she walks away and smile to myself. She's beautiful, strong, resilient hell. She can be stubborn and she can down right get on my nerves, but I love that girl more than anything. She's my Georgie. I'd do anything to make her happy. Anything.