Chapter Thirteen

Joey's Point of View

I was right about my mom being pissed. She wanted to beat Jesse's ass herself. Other than playing video games and watching Grey's re-runs, I haven't done much.

"What's up loser?" Stone says jumping on my bed.

"Hey Joey," Georgie says and sits in my computer chair.

"Hey guys," I say sitting up.

"How's the suspension going?" Georgie asks.

"It's going," I say with a laugh. "Where'd you get that bruise from?"

She bites her lip, and rings her hands together. "Jesse grabbed her in the hallway," Stone says.

"What?" I ask standing up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah Stone took care of it," she says.

"Just told him if he didn't let her go I was gonna kick his ass like we did at the bowling alley," Stone says.

"The nerve of that guy. You two don't have any classes together though," I say.

"He was moved into my seventh period," she says and sighs. "He was trying to get me to take him back, and said that Wendy was into him that's why she said he was hooking up with Olive."

"Bullshit!" Stone scoffs. "Barbie may be infuriating, but she's not dumb enough to be into that dildo," he says.

"Thanks," Georgie says sarcastically.

"No offense Georgette. I mean not dumb enough to be into him now," Stone defends.

I groan and sit back down. I hate not being able to be there for her when she needs someone. "I hate that guy," I say.

"Yeah Colt's not gonna be too happy either," she says with a laugh.

"I hate how he can just buy his way out of everything in this damn town," Stone says and shakes his head.

"Aren't small towns wonderful?" Georgie asks, and rolls her eyes.

"Hey we should have a practice tonight," I suggest. We really do need to practice, but maybe it'll help Georgie get her mind off things.

"Good idea dude. We need to kill it at Battle of the Bands," Stone says.

"I'll text the girls and let them know," Georgie says. "Here right?"

"Yeah," I reply, as I text Tommy and Andy to meet at my place in thirty minutes. "I'll be right back." I get up and walk into the living room. My mom is on the couch watching some old movie.

"Hey sweetie," she says, and smiles at me.

"Hey mom is it cool if the band practice in the garage?" I ask.

"Sure," she says. "And Joey just next time wait till after school to kick his ass okay." She laughs, and I laugh along with her. If I would have gotten suspended for any other reason my mom would be acting like a warden right now.

I walk back into my room, and see Georgie and Stone looking at something on Stone's phone.

"What's up?" I ask.