Chapter Fifteen

Joey's Point of View

The set was amazing! We run backstage, and I pick Georgie up in a hug, and spin her around. She laughs. "Y'all were amazing," she says. I smile at her.

"What was with that kiss?" Stone asks.

"He was being an ass," she says.

"Well I'm going to kick his," I say. That bastard really knows how to push my buttons.

"No you're not," she says. "Enjoy this because y'all rocked." She smiles at me, and my anger melts away.

"I'm glad you liked it," I say.

"I loved it," she says, and looks at me. I start to lean in to kiss her without even realizing. What am I doing? Oh what the hell? I'm so close when the announcer calls us out on stage.

"Will all the bands please come to the stage," she says.

"Go get that trophy," Georgie says, and smiles at me.

We walk out on stage, and I look back at Georgie. She's smiling, as she gives me the thumbs up.

"All of you did amazing tonight, but there can only be one winner, and that winner is," the announcer begins as she reads over the results. "OceanEyes!" She calls into the mic, and I can't believe it.

Georgie runs out on stage and hugs me, as the crowd cheers and the confetti falls. "You did it!" She says and smiles at me.

"We did it," I say. We accept the check, and smile for the pictures. I'll never forget this night.

We're loading up our stuff when Clay, Nate, and Dawson walk over to us.

"Good job guys," Nate says.

I glare at Clay. "Thanks," Wendy snaps.

"Your manager is a great kisser by the way," Clay says and I go to punch him, but Stone grabs me. The little prick laughs.

"You may have won this, but I'll win the girl," he says and winks at Georgie, who scoffs. They walk away, and I'm fuming.

"Joey, calm down," Georgie says. "He doesn't have a chance."

"I didn't do anything about Jesse. That's not happening again," I say.

"Clay may be an ass, but I don't think he's at Jesse's level of ass," she reassures me.

"What was that about?" Colt asks walking up to us.

"That asshole kissed me," Georgie says.

"What!" He snaps.

"Yeah he keeps harassing her, and Rocky Balboa here wants to punch his teeth in," Wendy says, and gestures at me.

"Good," Colt says. Georgie rolls her eyes. I look in the van and Tommy and Carmen are cuddling. I wish that was me and Georgia.

"You guys were awesome though," Colt says and fists bumps us.

"Thanks man," Stone says.