The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Part One: Fuel - 47

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle-A Zootopia Fanfiction

------------------------------------------------------

Part One:

Fuel

------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 -Aftershocks
(Pt. 1)

ZNN Headline News

"Good Morning, I'm Fabienne Growly."

"And I'm Peter Moosebridge."

On a screen behind the snow-leopardess and bull-moose, a stylized (and sensationalized) flash logo was on display, a map of Burrow County emblazoned with the words 'Terror Attack in the Heartland' and with another word stamped over the top, declaring 'FAILED!' in bright, red stencil-front.

Giving her viewers a second or two to digest the visual aid Fabienne began to speak, looking directly into the camera as it cut in for a close-up, converting her into the proverbial talking head.

"In our top story that we're following, last evening a chemical attack on the Bunnyburrow Carrot Days Festival was narrowly averted, thanks to the combined efforts of The Burrow County Sheriff's Department, the private security firm, ASM, and a Zootopia Police Officer who was visiting the festival at the time."

The map vanished from the screen and two pictures appeared, a pair of Burrow County Sheriff's Department photographs showing Jerry and Joe Guilford, front and side-view; (the legacy of a previous arrest, both coyotes still had their fur.)

Meanwhile the snow-leopardess continued with her opening monologue.

"The individuals behind the attempted terror attack were reportedly these two mammals, Jeremy and Joseph Guilford of Bunnyburrow, proprietors of Sky-Yote Crop-Dusting Service."

An image of a crop-dust plane appeared on the screen behind her as Peter Moosebridge took over the narration.

"The Guilford Brothers' plan was to spray the festival grounds with an herbicide known as Harequateline, an extremely toxic and flammable compound that's been banned from all use except in the eradication of illegal crops. For more on that we go to ZNN Science correspondent, Zoe Banahaw."

The image on the screen shifted to a grey-furred Philippine tree-mouse, clad in hard-hat and a day-glow safety-vest. She was standing on top of a 5-gallon plastic carboy and holding microphone with the ZNN logo in her paw. Stacked in the background behind her was a phalanx of more containers, all of them locked in cages and emblazoned with Haz-Mat diamonds.

"I'm currently inside the warehouse of Haz-Mat Expeditors in the Zootopia Meadowlands District." Zoe Banahaw began, "What you see behind me are containers of Harequateline, the herbicide with which the two Guilford brothers planned to spray the Carrot Days Festival. As you can see from the way it's stored, Harequateline is a highly controlled substance, required to be kept locked up at all times, and only allowed to be stored in containers with a capacity of five standard gallons or less.