Memories of the Past part 3

*8 years earlier*
*A/N POV*

15 year old Jungkook walks around town with his mother. They both like to walk a lot, and needed to get some groceries for dinner.

They were in the store, and Jungkook eyed many things that he wanted to try.

Cookies, cakes, candy. You name it.

But they ever had enough money for something extra any day. They only had some money for some vegetables for dinner.

His mother had a sweet tooth too. She eyed the cookies near them. But she knew she couldn't get them so she just left. They went home and ate dinner together. Bland vegetable soup. Everyday...

"Mom, I'm gonna go out today." Jungkook said to his mother, having an idea.

"Alright sweetie see you later." She said.
"Yes, and be back home on time." His father said.

Jungkook nods and leaves the house. He goes back to the grocery store they just went to.

"I'd like to apply for a job here" he asked one of the workers.
"Sure. Manger's in the back." He replied.

"Why would you want a job here?" The manager asked Jungkook. "Your family has practically no money, but you guys have enough to shelter and feed yourselves." He said. The whole town knew of jungkook's family and their financial problem.

"Please sir? I promise I will do my best and try very hard to earn money." Jungkook pleaded.

The manager knew that they were low on staff, and jungkook was very strong for his age. This could be useful for him. Why not?

"alright...." the manager answered. You can start working. "But only for today, instead of money, your work will be payed in whatever you want in the store."

Jungkook smiles. Excited for his new job.

He had a lot of responsibilities now.
Carry new merchandise into the store. Restock items and clean the floors.

He worked until his curfew which was 11:30.
(Crazy right?) and the manager let him pick out three things to take home.

First he took some ham for his parents.
Then he got bread.
Finally, a big pack of cookies for all of them.

When he got home, his parents were worried sick.

"Where the hell have you been?" His father asked him.

Jungkook shows him the bag full of food.

"You didn't..." His father said. Jungkook cut him off.

"I'm working at the grocery from now on." He explained.

His mother takes the cookies, ham and loaf  out of the bag, and cries.

She hugs Jungkook and her husband.

They all eat some cookies for dessert, and fall asleep easily for the night.