Chapter 7: The Truth

*present time*
*Yeon Hwa POV*

    It's been weeks. Jungkook's boss hasn't said anything yet. Are my parents even looking for me? No, scratch that. They're not even trying to look for me. They don't care about me.

    Living here with Jungkook has had me making up questions about him. Who are his parents? What is the organization? Why is he working there? It wasn't until today that I finally asked them.
    We were in the living room, sitting on the couch when Jungkook just started watching the TV.

"Jungkook?" I say.
He looks up at me. "Yeah Yeon Hwa?" He asks. I'm a bit nervous I'm not sure why.
"What exactly are you guys gonna do to me." I ask. He shoots me a worried face. Like he's keeping me from something.
"Do you really want to know?" He asks. I nod. He sighs. "Well when my boss gets the money from your parents for you, he has no use for you. And when the boss has no use for someone or something, he tends to terminate them himself.." he explains.

I'm gonna die here is what he means.

He looks back at the TV when I decided to change the course of the question.
"Do you get the money then. Since you're the one who kidnapped me?" I ask.
"Yeah. About half of it. That's how our jobs work at the organization." He says.
"Does that mean you don't get a lot of jobs to do?"
He gives me a weird look. "Actually I get the most out of everyone. Seems weird right?"
"So you get a lot of money is what you're telling me." I say.
"Usually." He says.
"And you live in a very small apartment that loses electricity sometimes and is practically old and abandoned." I say.
"I've never been used to bigger, better places." He says.
He looks back at the TV.

He's nervous.

"Then what do you do with all that money?"
"Damn, you're full of questions today aren't you?" He says laughing. "I give it to my parents. I might not have a nice place to live, but I have a huge house for them to live in luxury."

Now I start to wonder more. Why would he do that for his parents? I would never want to do that for mine. They wouldn't need it anyway.
"So how about you princess?" He says. I look at him now. He's staring at me. "What's going on in your life, you know, other than getting a fuck ton of money and basically just feeding it to your dogs all the time.

Ouch. I felt my face burn. He's not the only one who thinks that way, but that doesn't make it better.
"Oh, and don't forget the millions of friends you have that envy your money and always asks for some money help once and a while." He says laughing. What does he think... like this is some TV show? I wasn't laughing. I don't... I've never had...

"I don't have any friends." I say suddenly. Why am I telling my story to this man? He looks toward me confused, and apologetic.
I find myself wanting to tell him more. I've never told anyone about this before, and now he seems curious. But why him?

"When I was younger, my parents wouldn't let me go out to have actual friends. I had no time, is what they said. They said it was good for me. I had more time to just study and work all day and almost all night. They said friends were a distraction." I explained looking away from him.
"I'm sorry." He says. Sincerely...

"It's fine. It's whatever. Friends can't be that important right? I mean. It shouldn't matter."

We're silent for another few minutes. Until he gets up.

"I wanna take you somewhere." He says, grabbing his car keys. I nod and follow him.

We drive far from his house. I'm not sure where we're going but soon I see...