[ 16 ]

"I don't have much time," Jung Hoseok said over the phone

"I don't have much time," Jung Hoseok said over the phone. "But I'll be needing your help."

"Wait, how are you alive, hyung? Were you hiding? Why didn't you go to us sooner? Who's the killer?" Jungkook rambled. He couldn't believe it. His hyung was alive. Well, some of it did make sense. He never recalled going to his funeral, or there was any funeral for the young man.

"Jungkook, I'm in a public place right now, and I can't afford to be seen. I just need you to know that I'm alive. And that you will be helping me with a very important thing very soon. I'll explain everything then."

"But what is it, hyung? You can tell me now-"

"I can't. Goodbye."

"Hoseo-"

But he hung up.

~~~

Namjoon's shadow grew smaller and smaller as the sun sunk into view, gradually giving the moon its temporary moment to shine in the sky. With earphones on, he silently admired the calming scenery as he walked towards the street where Maia and Jungkook's house could be found. The older of the two invited him and the others for dinner, since it has been a long time since they had one at their home. The silver-haired didn't mind. After all, besides the chance to hang out with his friends, it was also the perfect opportunity to get free food.

The sky that was once filled with oranges, violets, and pinks was now colored with a very dark shade of blue, almost close to pitch black. Stars constantly appeared to decorate the blank canvas, giving Namjoon another masterpiece of nature to appreciate.

As he continued on, he felt the little hairs at the back of his neck suddenly stand up. He stopped. A cold feeling went up and down his spine, making him shiver in the now dark street. The distance between the lampposts were about five houses away, giving you a dark pathway to walk on before getting some light. That was why people were inside their houses, either watching primetime shows on the television or gathering at the table for a feast. Only Namjoon stood outside.

Or so he thought.

He went on walking, with music still blasting through his earphones. He thought the familiar tunes would calm his irrational thinking. It was nighttime after all. One could get pretty delusional when there's less light and a lot of imagination to work with.

But then he felt it again. The goosebumps. This time, even the tiny hairs on his arms and legs sprang up. He took off his earphones and quickly turned around.

There was no one.

Namjoon sighed. You've watched too many horror movies with Jimin, he thought and looked back to the front.

A hooded figure wearing a mask stood in front of him.

"AAAAAAAAHHH-"

Then everything went black.

~~~

"Ooh, chicken casserole!" Taehyung licked his lips as he saw the dish his girlfriend placed at the center of the table. Then he turned to Jungkook who was also carrying something. "Omo- Is that pork tonkatsu?"

"And corn soup?" Jimin gasped as Maia brought out another bowl.

"We even have ice cream!" Jungkook grinned, showing his teeth that absolutely made him look like a bunny.

"Okay, calm down you two," Maia said sternly, watching the two hungry boys with a warning glare as they readily sat around the table. "I know you're hungry but we still need to wait for Namjoon."

"Aww, can't we even have at least a bite-"

"No."

"A spoonful-"

"No."

"A taste-"

"N. O. That means no. Aniyoooo."

Jimin and Taehyung pouted, realizing they won't be able to savor the appetizing foods in front of them just yet.

"Where is Namjoon hyung?" Jungkook asked once he sat in his own seat.

Maia shrugged. "His last class ended almost an hour ago. He should be here real soon."

But Namjoon didn't come.

They had to eat already or else the food wouldn't be that enjoyable anymore.

But Namjoon still hadn't come.

Maia tried texting him.

But Namjoon didn't reply.

Jungkook tried calling him.

But Namjoon didn't answer.

Kim Namjoon was missing.

---

Ooooh Namjoon's missing hmm...

So how is everyone today? I hope everyone's been doing great. How are you liking the book so far? What has been the most intense part of Faceless that you've read? What do you think is going to happen next? I would really like to hear from you. Thank you so much once again for the support. Your reads, votes, and comments are very much appreciated ^_^

See you all on the next chapter!