PROLOGUE

Murderer on the loose after killing family of 3

April 17, 2017

DAEGU - A murderer has been announced missing by the police after killing the Kim family last night in their home.

Kim Daehyun, 44, his wife, 41-year-old Taeyeon, and their 15-year-old daughter, Yoona, were found dead in their living room with several stabbings in different parts of their bodies.

Jung Minho, the Kims' neighbor, went to the family's house when he heard a scream.

"It sounded like Daehyun," he said. "When I knocked on the door, no one was answering. So I decided to break it open and found them on the floor. Bloody and not breathing."

Jung proceeded to call the police at 11:15 pm.

Police discovered that the murderer drawn a bloody mark on each of the victims' hips with a Roman Numeral, with Daehyun having "I," Yoona having "II," and Taeyeon having "III."

"They could have been killed in that order," Chief Kim Minhyuk said.

The murder weapon was not left in the house, nor were other fingerprints besides the family's. Police could not put an ID on the murderer as no one saw him enter or leave the Kim residence.

Only the CCTV camera in front of the house was working and no one was seen entering and leaving from the main door. The camera at the back of the house, however, was broken and the police have not yet retrieve the footage.

Kim's 20-year-old son Taehyung arrived on the scene at 2:00 am from his graveyard shift as a nurse at the local hospital. The police informed him about the incident when he came.

Taehyung was seen crying and shouting after receiving the news. He is now staying with the Jungs for the time being.

The police are still trying to find murderer and has advised everyone to be careful while the killer is still on the loose.

~~~

Suspected murderer turns serial killer

January 14, 2018

DAEGU - Suspected murderer of the Kim family continued his killing mayhem at a town in Daegu after murdering four more people.

79-year-old Do Kyung-soo was found dead in a Home for the Aged room a week after the Kim family murder. This was followed a few days by a young couple hit by a jeepney with no license plate and driver. Then yesterday, Min Yoongi reported finding his mother dead in their bathtub.

Daegu Police Department confirmed that the murders were all by the same person due to the presence of the bloody Roman numeral carving on the bodies of all the victims.

"Unfortunately, someone has yet to see the murderer," Chief Kim Minhyuk said. "But we will not stop to find the perpetrator of all these crimes so that the victims and their families can finally get the justice that they deserve."

The neighborhood is still advised to stay indoors if not at school or at work. Curfew cut is still from 10:30 pm to 3:00 am.