[ 14 ]

It was Jeon Jungkook's birthday

It was Jeon Jungkook's birthday. And of course, Maia was ecstatic.

The ravenette was in their house that day, while Jungkook had to do some extra lab work at the university. "Namjoon will be getting the paper cups, plates, utensils, and all that, while Taehyung is going to pick up the balloons."

"Mhm."

"I will be busy decorating the house and cooking the other food."

"Mhm."

"I need someone to pick up the cake. Can you get it for me later?"

"Mhm."

"Are you really listening to me?" Maia whined, looking at the blonde lounging at their couch.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Namjoon's in charge with the utensils, Tae's gonna get the balloons, you're in charge of decorating and cooking, while I need to get the cake later. Did I get everything right, Ms. Event Coordinator?"

"Fortunately for you, yes, or I might have just smacked you on the head." Maia plopped down beside him on the couch. "Oh, and bring Acel too later."

The blonde's grin immediately dropped into a thin line. "Acel? Oh, yeah sure," he muttered. Unfortunately, the body language wasn't left unnoticed by his best friend.

Maia frowned. "Is everything okay?"

Jimin quirked an eyebrow. "Of course."

"Well, it doesn't seem like it." She gave him a serious look. "You can tell me anything, you know. We're best friends after all."

The boy sighed and looked down on his hands resting on his lap. "It's about Acel." Maia nodded, gesturing him to go on. "I just don't think things are working out well."

"You mean you don't see her as more than a friend?"

"Yeah, exactly." He looked up to meet the girl's eyes. "But it seems like she does. I mean, you saw what happened a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've been really slow with her, because I don't want to do things that I would regret in the end. But yeah, I feel like she likes me, more than a friend."

"Well, there's no easy way out, Chim," Maia told him. "But of course, it would be good if you tell her immediately. At least if she's not that in love with you yet, then you can lessen the heartache."

Jimin sighed once again. "I guess... But she's a really good friend, you know. I don't want to lose that."

"Then we'll see first how she reacts to you not liking her back," the ravenette said. "Maybe she can move on from her attraction to you, and then you can still be friends. I've seen a lot of people go through the same process, you know. Just because the person likes you or liked you, doesn't mean you can't be friends."