[ 15 ]

Red

Red.

Everything was crimson in Jimin's eyes. From the blush-like shade of meat on display to the beautiful bouquet of roses in his hands. From the garnet-colored lettering of the meat shop's name to the red stilettos that were nothing but grand. From Acel's alluring scarlet dress to her lips looking more ruby than ever.

Unfortunately, rather than looking bright and striking, she looked horrifying swinging lifelessly above the metal counter.

What was once Jimin's perfect plan became a frightening chapter to hype a story of mystery. He watched another blood-stained gurney roll out another crime scene, heard another round of loud sobs including from himself, and saw policemen trying to get another angle to this case of serial killing.

Yes, the serial killer has stroke again. It turned out that there was a bloody XV carved on Acel's thigh. Sadly, the number of killings in Daegu have increased and probably grew even more gruesome as time passed, but the path to solving the mystery and finding the murderer has been nowhere closer to victory.

Maia entered Jimin's house. Nothing was out of place based from when she had been there the last time, which was when the blonde finally made the dinner he promised to them come true. But weirdly enough, the whole abode lacked something very important.

Brightness.

The structure now resembled the mood of its owner, who stood by his kitchen counter, mindlessly stirring himself a cup of coffee. Jimin didn't even seem to notice that his best friend had entered the house, which Maia did everyday since Acel's death. Sure, the blonde didn't love the nice girl, but she made great memories with him, moments that cannot be easily forgotten with just a literal stab through the heart.

"Did I do something wrong?" Maia heard him say as she walked over to him. "Am I at fault?"

Maia solemnly shook her head. "It was no one's fault other than the murderer. Whether Acel's death was planned or not, it wasn't your fault you didn't arrive sooner than you could have."