[ 5 ]

BTS WON TOP SOCIAL ARTIST ONCE AGAIN! AND THEY PERFORMED AT THE BBMAS! 

I'm so proud, both for the boys and for us ARMYs. Our amazing teamwork is what helps us overcome impossibilities.

And now, on to the chapter :)

---

Yoon Maia could not think of anything else.

She could neither get her endangered body to move as far away as possible nor shout as loud as she could to get the driver's attention. 

All that she did was remain frozen in the middle of the road, and shut her eyes as she prepared to feel the hard slap of cold metal against her skin and taste the rustic savor of blood trailing down her lips.

But none of those came.

Instead, she felt herself bump against a hard surface that seemed to be wrap in a soft material. She could hear a rapid heartbeat directly against her ear, and feel the object against her move up and down.

Slowly she opened her eyes, only to be met by the familiar gray cotton fabric that she had seen on Taehyung, and realized that she was leaning against someone's chest.

Taehyung.

She looked up to find the boy's onyx orbs, looking at her with the most noticeable hint of worry. With her hands pressed against his chest, she could hear his heartbeat gradually going back to its normal pace, just as she felt hers doing the same as well.

"Are you okay?" his deep voice broke the once quiet atmosphere.

"Um...what?" Maia didn't immediately respond, making Taehyung lean down a bit with concern to repeat his question. The girl suppressed a gasp when she realized how close the boy's face was to hers, particularly his full soft-looking lips. She tried to step back a bit, when she realized that she couldn't.

Taehyung's arms were wrapped around the girl's waist, not allowing her to move back from the closeness of their faces. Maia could feel her heart beating fast once again, only not because of the incident beforehand, but a whole different matter.

"Maia, are you alright?"

She snapped out of her thoughts. "I'm fine," she quickly answered. This time, she was able to break apart from the embrace, causing her to trip a little from losing Taehyung's hold. What just happened there?

Taehyung sighed. "Don't you ever do that again. You almost have gotten yourself killed!" He looked at the girl once again with utmost worry. This reminded Maia of their closeness a while ago, when she was in the boy's arms, causing her heart to race at such a quick pace. The girl nervously flitted her eyes away once again from Taehyung's, not wanting to feel that again.

"I'm sorry," Maia spoke up. "But thank you though, for saving me." She eventually made eye contact with him once again after calming herself down.