[ 2 ]

To say the students were scared after seeing the body was an understatement

Chills ran through every spine as their eyes struck upon the undeceiving corpse of their schoolmate Lee Jaehyun lying down halfway out of the janitor's closet, as if he was leaning back against the door before it was opened

Chills ran through every spine as their eyes struck upon the undeceiving corpse of their schoolmate Lee Jaehyun lying down halfway out of the janitor's closet, as if he was leaning back against the door before it was opened. It gave everyone a perfect glimpse of the several stabs on his shirtless chest and the slices on his arms and legs that caused crimson to seep out.

And of course, the Roman Numeral "VIII" was out in display, confirming this was done by none other than the faceless serial killer of the town.

What crept them out more was that despite the lack of a pulse, both Jaehyun's eyes and mouth were wide open, making some think he probably cried for help during his last moments before death. 

Unfortunately, those pleas to be saved never rang through the ears of anybody in the campus, causing him to face a fate like this at a young age.

Some screamed at the horrific and bloody sight, others were crying in fear that a murderer entered the school, and a few had to look away to avoid vomiting. A couple of teachers were there as well, calming their pupils down and busying themselves with calling the police and an ambulance.

Maia was anxious like most were, but she was suddenly more focused on Taehyung who was a few feet away from her. Jimin and Namjoon also followed her out to the hall and were talking about Jaehyun. However, Maia just observed the quiet boy's facial expressions as he looked at the corpse. 

This was probably the second time he had to be in the scene of a crime -- of a murder. But despite the uneasiness of the situation, Taehyung kept a blank look on his face while he stared at the fallen student.

Maybe he's just good at hiding his emotions, the ravenette thought. She wondered what was going through his mind right then. 

Was he thinking of his own family who passed away because of a murderer as well? Was he angry or nervous that the one who killed his own blood might still be out there, continuing a horrible deed?

"Maia!" She snapped out of her thinking daze and realized Taehyung had already walked away, going to the end of the hall where the doors leading to the back lot of school were.