AdoptAMom.Com (Misha)

Start from the beginning

Your eyes started to tear up again and Misha looked at you sadly. "Westy can you give daddy a moment?" Misha asked and his son nodded then walked away, eyes still watching the two grown ups.

"H-Hey, it'll be fine okay?" He caressed your cheeks and smiled through his hurting. You nodded, demotivated then walked to the washroom.

Little did you know that West actually felt embarrassed to see his 'mom' and dad together like that... that's why he froze and stared.

*****

Dinner couldn't have been more awkward. You were silent throughout, Misha just commented on how good the food was while West asked about why some of his toy cars go fast and some go slow.

It was tense, you felt close to being miserable. It took all your will to sit through it all.

But then you brought out your courage and talked to West. "So Westy, could you show me your car collection after dinner? Your father was telling me that you have special ones," You said with a wide smile.

"Okay," He answered flatly.

You licked your lips, and cleared your throat. "Why don't we go out and buy some new ones together while daddy works? We can do it tomorrow," You raised your eyebrows and grinned.

He frowned, "Daddy said he was going to buy me something, that I could use my pocket money."

"Oh..."

"Daddy buys me the best toys," He said happily and you clenched your fists. "Yeah I'm sure he does," You sarcastically mumbled then took their finished plates of food to the kitchen.

You stood there washing the dishes while watching the little kid. You couldn't understand him at all. What was his deal? Did you say something he didn't like? He's just three years old, you never thought it would be so intimidating.

You huffed then walked to your shared bedroom and took out a gift bag from your wardrobe.

You walked back to the living room and gave the bag to West, who was now sitting on the couch. "Here I got this for you, consider it a gift before I leave you and your father," You said sharply, even though West didn't understand a word.

He took the gift happily, he would never say no to the prospect of getting a new toy or having something tasty to eat.

Though however, Misha understood every word you said. "[y/n] what's wrong with you?!" Misha questioned with panic, "You're not going anywhere."

"I'm done alright? This kid isn't ever going to like me and I'm fine with it, but I'm sorry I can't live with that negativity in my life," You opened up, not caring that the little boy could hear everything, "I've tried again and again and West just doesn't find a mother or at least a friend in me. I'm just not cut out for this family business."

You sighed depressingly then walked to your room but Misha grabbed your arm and tugged you back quickly. You stood inches away from him, he stared deeply into your eyes.

"You're not going anywhere [y/n]," He said with sympathy, "I won't let you off that easy-"

"Oh no!" West exclaimed and both of you snapped to look at him, "It's the same one..."

He looked at the box with an Iron Man action figure with disappointment. "I have this already!" He stated then put the box beside him and sat back down.

You scoffed at yourself, "See I can't even get a gift he'll like." You shoved past Misha and-

"Thank you!"

West wrapped himself around your legs after scurrying towards you. You gasped a bit in surprise then looked at Misha for an explanation.

"You don't have to buy me gifts to make me like you," He said, his voice muffled because his head was buried in your knees, "I love you mommy, you're the best mommy in the world."

You swallowed hard, eyes wide open with shock and slight relief. Did he really just say that?

You knelt down, "Wh-What?"

"I love you very much, just like I love daddy," He said and looked up to you with a wide smile. He stretched his arms up and waved his hands at you, indicating that he wanted you to lift him up.

You did as he wanted then he kissed your cheek and hugged your neck. "Will you stay with me and daddy, and never go away?" He asked with puppy eyes and you nodded your head.

"Of course W-West but, I thought you didn't like me," You said and he laughed. "You're funny, I thought you wouldn't like me," He explained and you poked his sides, making him giggle from being ticklish.

"Well that settles it," Misha hugged the two of you, making it a group hug, "Welcome to the Collins family [y/n]!"

He kissed you on the head then West on his. Misha couldn't be happier.

Everything worked out in the end.