Mr. Know-It-All (Dean AU)

Start from the beginning

"Oh my lord that's ALL theh do! Why are you giving such a tough time?! I've double... I've triple checked the evidence! It's definitely something more than-"

"Hey HEY!" He clapped his hands once to stop you from yelling and you furrowed your eyebrows, "Look I've read every book and every Hunter account and there's no sign of a demon being able to possess some other supernatural creature."

You cursed under your breath and he eyed you. "There's um... A house in the middle of the woods over there," He pointed behind you, "That's where I've located the werewolf."

You squinted at him, judging if you really wanted to follow him around, then sighed. You grunted and walked to your car and grabbed a few weapons and bullet cartridges, throwing them into a bag.

"You seem to know a lot about the case so I don't think we need to talk about it," He said and smiled smugly, rubbing his hands together.

Dean walked to his car, a Chevy Impala, and you had a 'what the actual hell' moment.

"Seriously, Mr. Know-It-All has a '67 Impala?!" You muttered to yourself and you saw him waving to you to come along into the woods.

You jogged towards him then switch on the flashlight on your phone, the woods were quite dark under the moon-lit sky. Dean didn't bother to wait for you, he was wandering ahead on his own while you grunted as the muggy ground made for shoes sink in.

*****

You couldn't focus, there were noises coming from everywhere and an unnerving chill in the whole house. You aimed the shotgun in front of you, ready to fire at anything that threatened you.

"Dean... Dean where are you?" You called out for him but there was only a grunt in return. You were going to help him out, he was laying on the floor with his shirt bloodied from being cut, but you were knocked to the nearest wall.

A figure walked to you, claws on both hands ready to cause a deep gash in your chest but it had pitch black eyes. "Were-demon..." You muttered and the creature swung his arm at you hut you dodged it.

You scrambled and managed to get up, shooting the creature-

It barely did anything to him. He stumbled a little but then stood up straight and proper.

"Dean um... I need some help!" You yelled and it started attacking you. Dean was still a little dizzy from his knock out. It ran towards Dean, about to attack him at any moment while the Hunter scrambled to get his gun.

An idea snapped into your mind.

"Were-demon... so this should work then!" You propped your shoulders back and exclaimed the demon exorcism as fast as you could.

'Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, ergo draco maledicte, ut ecclesiam tuam secura, tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos!'

The demon inside the werewolf roared in pain while black smoke spied around the room and made it's way out of any opening to the outside world.

The werewolf fell to the floor, confused and unable to move because of being weakened and unstable.

You looked at Dean breathlessly, he may back at the wall with exhaustion and fear pumping through his veins.

He almost died... and that too in gruesome way.

You walked to the werewolf to make sure he was alright and to figure out if he would attack you. Thankfully, he was on the understanding side of things and didn't want to hurt any of you.

*****

He limped as he walked, you glanced at him at regular intervals. You wanted to say something but you didn't want to be rude to him.

He sighed. "Did you know that Angels have different rankings and that some h-here swords than blades?" He told you and you looked at him with interest.

"Really?"

"Y-Yeah... I'd love to meet one of the Grigori, the Angels with the swords," He said and took a deep breath.

There was silence amongst the two of you, the only sound was the crackling of branches and twigs on the woods floor and the swish of the leaves on trees.

"And did you know that glasses doused with h-holy oil can make you see all sort of supernatural creatures, especially hell hounds," He informed you and you stopped walking, putting an arm out to him and making him stop too.

"Okay cut the whole 'fun fact of the day' crap, we all know you're a nerd and you know everything," You said flatly and he looked at you with puzzlement.

"We who?"

You rolled your eyes, "I know you're trying to cover up the fact that you were completely wrong and drowned with your over-confidence Dean."

He clenched his fists, "I was not-"

"Save the protest for another time, I'm not buying it," You snapped and he didn't dare to disobey you.

"But the books said-"

"Books my ass!"

He raised an eyebrow and looked to the ground, sort of ashamed.

"Unlike you I talk to people as well for information and that helped save your life. For once just take a defeat and man-up," You said, "You were wrong and I... I was right. The demon wanted to have a thrill ride with claws and super strength. Add that to your 'books'!"

He sucked in a dark breath and started walking again. "I just want to say... thank you," He told with a lot of strong willpower.

 thank you," He told with a lot of strong willpower

You chuckled, "For?"

He clenched his jaw, "For saving me... and making me realise that we aren't perfect as human beings."

You punched him playfully and smirked. "You're welcome Deano."