LOVE IS FOREVER | THE ARTICLES

| Rose-Colored-Tears |

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Topic: Homesickness

"I am going to be a bit frank, which is not what I usually am, but quite honestly I really have to say something about this. Everyone can agree, right now, they are feeling very lonely, so far away from their family, that they can only write back and forth. Being here for heaven knows long, without seeing your family is saddening, when you are use to always seeing them.

I myself am quite homesick, but I have a good way of hiding it. Its not because I am ashamed of being homesick, its more that no one can really help you shake the feeling. It is a feeling you have over come yourself, which isn't easy. Unlike most, my family are on the other side of the world, which would take days or perhaps weeks for them to come over to see me, which is a long way just for a few days.

We shouldn't make others who are homesick feel worse, by words or actions, we should be helping them make themselves feel at home. The closest to home I got, is the room I was giving, since it has many things I brought from home. But I do miss my family, my home, so, that is not my point. My point is, we should always welcome those who come from far away, do everything in our power to make them feel welcome! Whether it be a dinner, or a room filled with things from their home, even a little gift any small action will help that person become a little less homesick."

~ Min Sung

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Topic: Immigrants

"Now, I know what you may be thinking, why is she talking about those who come over from another country to live in a certain place. Well, I happen to be one, but from experience, its not a piece of cake as many think. Coming here, I knew no English, it still is a bit rough, but everyday I am working on it. Neighbors weren't to kind, we were considered "odd" for the way we did things, which was mere respect and tradition. School, that one I must admit, I wish it never had happened. Many kids who come over here for s foreign country, can understand how horrible people are to you because you are different. The way you talk, dress, look, it makes you an easy target for unkind words. I mostly avoided that, being a little hermit and going unnoticed for almost the rest of my schooling. My father had a hard time finding a job, once we moved here, no one would hire him, his English wasn't that goodly spoken, but he did understand.

I just want there to be certain rules, things that protect immigrants like myself from things we can't control. We should be allowed to have whatever job we want, have the means to start one, have money to survive and life. We shouldn't be treated badly because we come across the world for reasons people don't have to know. There has to be a way to wake people up, and understand, it isn't all peaches and cream, it never has been. Take a walk in my shoes, others shoes, it is a tough and long journey just to be able to be here.

Just think about ways you can help out your fellow immigrants, and be kind to them, don't look at them in an awful way. We are human too, we have our reason for living here just as you do. Please, think about what you can do to welcome us, help us, it isn't that hard to follow the Golden Rule. If you want others to be kind to you, respect you, and so much more, the show it to others. Not because you want it back, because it is the right thing to do."

~ Arin