37 || Never Speak Too Soon

(Your POV)

     For the next few days, not all that much had changed or happened. Hinata and Lev started to join the third gym squad in their nightly practices, making the games three on three. Kageyama had started to practice a lot more on his own again to prefect his new toss. As for everyone else, they were still working hard.

     But it was finally the last day of the six and a half days training camp.

     Most of the time during the previous days you would help clean up and help your team mates with their practice if they really needed it. Although it was rare that they actually did. So most of the time you ended up just sitting around like normal.

     One thing that remained on your mind was what happened on that fatal trip to the convenience store with Nishinoya. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary in your friendship or daily interactions despite what you predicted would happen.

     It's almost as if the kiss had never even happened at all...

     A part of you was glad for that fact. But another part of you yearned to know why he had done it.

     It's probably best that I don't know.

     Like usual, you remained leaned up against a wall, watching the practice matches play out. It was almost around the time for the barbecue to commence, as the group of idiots had done their meat praising dance a while ago.

     The matches with Karasuno were starting to get more interesting on this last day in particular, which left you not wanting to keep still.

     The freak quick duo had gotten back into action with their first new quick attack together finally working out.

     Asahi had managed to get the ball in bounds when he tried to do his jump serve.

     The team had gotten to do a successful synchronized attack at first tempo.

     As for Noya, he gave his all and got to set a ball from jumping from the back court and didn't get called for the sound the ball made when he set it.

     It seemed that the team was finally back in action and as Takeda would like to say, all of the gears were in place and finally working together.

     But even in the end, Karasuno would only have ended up winning three matches (sad to say).

     "If they keep working together like this, I think they'll be ready for the preliminaries with a bit more practice."

     You heard Takeda speak up with anticipation in his voice.

     Oh, I almost forgot about those somehow... It's time for those already huh...

     "Yeah, sure they still have a long way to go. But I like how things are looking for us right now..."

     Coach Ukai had replied to Takeda's comment honestly.

     "I may not know a lot about volleyball, but I think that they may just have a chance, even if it's a small one, at nationals. Or maybe I'm just hoping for that outcome and it's just me."