35 || A Shame, Really

(Your POV)

     After what seemed like an eternity, you had finally made it to Shinzen Private High School. Everyone jumped off of the bus, some more energetically than others. A few of the Nekoma team members had been waiting outside patiently, you assumed it was because they were supposed to show the team where to go.

     "Oh! The Sky Tree!"

     Hinata gleamed with excitement, but Kenma lazily shot him down.

     "Um, no? That's just a regular cell tower."

     Someone else laughed hysterically referred how it was another old telephone tower like last time.

     So Daichi spoke up to defend Hinata, "Everything looks like the sky tower to us country bumpkins!"

     "This isn't even Tokyo..."

     Someone else added on to the argument, keeping everyone babbling on.

     Huh, now that I think of it, I don't even know exactly where the Sky Tree is? Then again, I'm not actually from Tokyo...

     Eventually everyone made their way to the school and dropped off their stuff in the classrooms that Karasuno's team was supposed to be sleeping in. Of course excluding the other managers and yourself because you were supposed to be staying in a classroom with each other.

————

     In almost a flash, everyone had already changed into their practice jerseys and the training camp had began. You stood at one of the walls, watching Karasuno's first match.

     It had only been a few minutes and Hinata had missed every toss that Kageyama had given him. You cringed as it had happened again and again. It was going to be nice when you could actually see their new freak quick in action, but right now it was almost painful to watch.

     Asahi was also having a hard time but instead it was with his jump serves. His hit would land just out of bounds each time he would try it.

     It was almost as if you were getting second-hand frustration from your team.

     This is supposed to be their turning point. It will get better.

     As you continued to watch their game, Sugawara attempted to preform a synchronized attack, but ended up being out of sync. He apologized for mistake to the team and they immediately went back to their game.

     "Cover for me!"

     "I got it!" Sugawara couldn't get to the ball in time so Nishinoya swiftly raced to the line that divided the front court from the back of the court and jumped up. Sadly though, as he was mid-air, he noticed that he had gone too close to the net and the ball ended up hitting the ground, along with Noya himself.

     Everyone in the gym was in astonishment about what Karasuno had been attempting during their match. You couldn't blame them though, even if it wasn't new to you, it was interesting to see the team develop right in front of your eyes.

     Karasuno ended up losing the match of course, so as you watched them run up the hill from the gym, Yachi and yourself grabbed the water bottles which you knew they would need.