34 || Moonlight

(Your POV)

     Once again you were waiting in the dark to load a big bus that was leaving for Tokyo. It had been a little under two weeks since your conversation with Tsukishima had taken place and not much had happened since then.

     Yamaguchi still hadn't tried to talk to you (but he wasn't being as bold about it as before, now he was just acting awkward). Everyone had been practicing by themselves at this point so there wasn't even much going on for group practice. You had been spending most of your time alone, only occasionally helping the club members when they would ask.

     It almost felt as if your presence hadn't been needed. Yachi would help Kageyama all of the time with trying to get his new toss down. Kiyoko would be doing other things which at this point you kind of stopped caring about. This left you with nothing to do.

     Everyone was conversing amongst themselves in the dim moon lighting under the summer night sky. You stood by yourself spacing out at the leaves of the trees around you that were dancing in the wind. A yawn produced from your mouth, slightly pulling you out of your autopilot state.

     "Wow! We get to leave in the middle of the night?! That's so cool!"

     Your ears tuned into the sound of Hinata's voice speaking ecstatically into the thin, cool air.

     He always gets so excited about such minor things... I wish I were like that. And it's pretty much three in the morning why is he so energetic?

     "Oh yeah, you guys weren't here the first time that we left in the middle of the night to get to Tokyo, you both had your make-up exams..."

     Someone had replied to Hinata's comment but by this point you were had already started to tune things out again so you didn't bothering catching who said it.

     If anything you were more focused on something, or more specifically, someone else in particular.

     Yamaguchi stood by Tsukishima seemingly blabbing on about something. Although Tsukishima was acting like he didn't really care, you could tell he probably did even if it was something trivial.

     The moonlight bounced off of Yamaguchi's pale skin, illuminating his freckles and slight acne scars. His deep chocolate-coloured eyes appeared to be almost sparkling even if he wasn't trying. And despite being a little more on the scrawny side, his taller build made up for it.

     Your eyes dilated as you glanced around for a minute. No one else seemed to stand out as much as he did. Maybe it was the lighting, or maybe it was just because of your recent interactions that he was the focus point in your vision.

     Just what was making him look so...

     "Captivating..."

     The words rolled off of your tongue almost effortlessly. Without even realizing it you had spoken your thought out loud. Your head moved around again to check for repercussions, but no one had said anything.

     Did I not say it that loud?

     To be fair, you were a little further away from the group than normal. You sat crouched in a comfortable squat, about five metres away from the rest of the team members.