32 || Soon Enough

(Your POV)

     You walked home in an unsettling silence. This was one of the first times you had gone home by yourself from practice in a while.

     Hinata had asked if you would like to walk home with him, but you assumed that would mean all of the first years. And since Yamaguchi had been giving off a random cold vibe to you, you shrugged him off and said no. You would have loved to walk home with them, it's just that you didn't know how Yamaguchi would feel about it.

     The only sounds you could hear were your own foot steps and light buzzing from the street lights that you walked under every so often. Maybe also a sigh rolling off of your lips every minute or so.

     Things were so good about a day ago? What even happened?...

     "Gosh, it's not like I can even go off of the plot for help. Nothing like this even happened in the plot so how the hell should I know what to do? I didn't even know drama like this could happen in this universe..."

     You groaned to yourself out loud, digging your right heel into the ground and rubbing your temple in the process.

     "What plot?"

     Your body instinctively jumped up and let out a squeak from the sudden noise. Your legs whipped you around and there stood Sugawara by himself about 8 meters away from you.

     "Um, what?"

     Sugawara cocked an eyebrow and let out a sigh, "I should be asking you that?"

     It's not like you could tell him the truth. He wouldn't believe you. You haven't told anyone the truth yet because it is way too absurd. Who the hell would believe someone that said they were from another universe and they some how ended up here?

     "Uh, nothing. I was just, talking about an anime I've watched recently...?"

     Yeah, that will work.

     "Oh, okay then. Are you sure it's just that? You seem pretty distressed about something."

     Sugawara scanned over you for a second with an unsatisfied look on his face. Clearly what you had said wasn't enough to get him off of your back.

     "I don't think it would really matter to you anyways if something was wrong. So why ask?"

     The both of you paused for a minute. What you had said had come off quite rude so you couldn't blame him for not knowing how to reply.

     "Well I try to look after everyone in the club so..."

     A small sharp tinge of regret fled through your body. Why were you acting so cold all of the sudden?

     "Sorry, I'm just not in the best mood right now."

     You tried to end the conversation at that, starting to move your arm to wave and then walk away. But he didn't seem to be having any of what you were doing.