05 || A Bitter Taste

(Your POV)

     "Well this isn't bad..."

     In front of you was a house that wasn't too big, but wasn't small. It was pretty medium sized. You looked at the gate and seen a sign and mail box.

     The sign read "(L/N) residence".

     "So this is my house?... Do I live with anyone?"

     You questioned yourself out loud. You went to the mail box and opened it, finding a newspaper and some letters inside. They all had your name on them and no one else's. So you had decided to stuff them inside of your bag for safe keeping.

     "I hope I'm not charged with mail fraud or something..."

     You slowly opened the gate to the front yard of the house and stepped inside of the fencing. You closed the gate behind yourself and then walked up to the front door.

     You thought for a moment and decided to knock first. You waited for a minute and decided to knock again when you had gotten no reply.

     After no second response, you went into your bag and dug out the keys you had found inside.

     The lanyard had around seven keys on it so you started to try to stick each one inside the lock upwards and then upside down to see which one would fit.

     If any of the keys would fit for that matter. On the forth attempt with the key upside down, the door unlocked.

     Slowly, you turned the handle and peeked inside of the house. The inside was partially lit up by the sunlight from outside through the windows.

     Walking inside, you closed the door behind yourself and took off your shoes, you also put down your bag in the process.

     "I feel as if I'm intruding..."

     You stared at the walls for a few seconds before slowly creeping further inside the home. You had started to look around the house and found that it was actually a really nice home.

     Almost too nice...

     You continued to look around the home and had only found what seemed to be like the living essentials for a single person.

     "Maybe this house was meant for me?"

     At about the end of your search, you finally went into the last room. It was amazing. Everything you could have ever dreamed of to have a room look like. You had noticed the closet in the room and decided to look inside of it.

     "Hey... These are all of my clothes from my world..."

     You decided to examine the sizes of everything and it all seemed to line up.

     "At this point have I just lost my mind?..."

     "Maybe I should look at the mail..."

     You shuffled across the cold, hard wooden floor and plopped onto the large bed.

     "This is so comfy!