33 || Pain In The Ass

(Your POV)

     It seemed as if everyone became extremely busy after that first practice. No one was around to walk home with because mostly everyone had decided to either keep on practicing at the gym or they would go and practice somewhere else.

     It really seemed like the only person who wasn't staying after practice was Tsukishima.

     Since no one had asked you to help with anything, the only choice you had was to change and go home. Yachi had stayed to toss some balls for Kageyama to set up. As for Kiyoko, you didn't exactly know what she was doing, but it was safe to assume she was washing the practice match jerseys or something on the lines of that. Maybe even just washing out the water bottles.

     So that left you alone by yourself in the dimly lit, cold, female locker room. You didn't have a club room to change in unlike the boys because of course it was a boy's club. Because of that, you had to change in the locker room that you would change in for gym.

     Usually it wouldn't even be that dark in here, but it seemed like one of the lights needed to be changed.

     Finally you finished buttoning up your dress shirt, now all you had to do was put on your bow. It was way too hot to wear your blazer or sweater so your summer attire ended up being just your short sleeved dress shirt, your skirt, your bow, and some knee high socks. The only exception was when it was raining or a somewhat cold day outside. Then you'd wear your sweater and blazer.

     You had noticed Kiyoko's school uniform in her cubby so clearly she had to be doing something at the school.

     "Well, I should get going home..."

     You grabbed your school bag and strode out of the changing room. The sun had already started to set, which meant the sun would be glaring straight into your eyes.

     Ugh, why does the sun have to be so god damn bright? I get that it warms the Earth but wow.

     As you walked past the gym, you caught a glimpse of Noya practicing with Asahi. It seemed that Noya was trying to set the ball up for him to spike.

     "... Noya looks like he's struggling to set the ball correctly... Oh yeah, that's right. He mentioned at some point in the story that he's never been good at it."

     You continued to watch for a few more seconds until you finally took your gaze off of the two boys and began to walk towards the school entrance again.

     "Hm, maybe I could go look at whoever is practicing in the second gym where the girls team would usually practice...? I guess I'm not in a huge rush."

     Before you could go though, you spotted Tsukishima playing on his phone at the front entrance.

     Maybe he's waiting for Yamaguchi?... Wait no. Yamaguchi already left.

     Before, you were just going to go around the front of the school to get to the second gym but now because you had spotted Tsukishima, the thought went completely out of your mind.

     "Great, now I feel awkward. Thanks mind... I'll try to just leave without him noticing me."

     You slowly started to walk across the grass and soon got onto the pavement. The sounds of your footsteps became louder, causing you to wince a little bit.