28 || Not Once, But Twice

(Your POV)

     You rolled onto the floor with a thud, letting out a groan in the process.

     "Ouch..."

     The soft rug underneath you some what cushioned the landing, but not very well. A rush of fresh air blew into your nose, waking you up a little more.

     I must have left the window open last night... It's kind of cold.

     Reluctantly you pushed yourself off of the floor and walked over to the large window in your room. You pulled back the curtains on the window, letting light flood into the once dark and gloomy room. Your eyelids jammed together quickly at the sudden overflow of light, trying to adjust to the new setting.

     Turning around, the floor creaked against your feet. Strolling to your dresser, you pulled out a new pair of underwear.

     "Hm, I wonder what I should wear today... Even if Oikawa is busy, I still want to go out for a walk, or at least do something."

     Now moving to your closet, the doors slid open, revealing tops and pairs pants.

     "I think I own a black skirt? Maybe? I can't really remember. What top would look good with that..."

     After pushing past all of the tops a few times, you decided on a slim fit, grey, long sleeved shirt. The skirt was in your dresser, so you opened the drawers and started to rummage again.

     Once you had found it, you folded everything you would need into neat pile and went to take a shower.

————

     Shoving a piece of toast into your mouth, you whipped out your phone and went to your messages.

     Y/N: "Hey, are you up for hanging out today?"

     You waited a minute or two and got no reply, so you set down your phone and continued to munch on your food.

     Suddenly, loud music started to play from your now buzzing phone, causing you to suddenly jump. Your toast plopped onto the table face down, smearing the jam and a mix of crumbs all over.

     "Are you fucking kidding me?"

     Your face dropped and you finally moved to wipe your hands off, glancing at the caller ID displayed on your phone in the process.

     "Grandma"

     "...Oh? I almost forgot she existed... Wow, that sounded better in my head."

     Your right hand reluctantly picked up the phone, pressing accept, "Hello?"

     "Hi sweetie. How are things?"

     "Good, how about there? How are things back at home?"

     "Better than before. Your father was finally able to come home a few weeks ago. He's not completely ready to go back to work yet, but I think he'll be completely recovered soon. He lost quite a lot of weight from being in that coma... Other than that, things have been just fine."