36 || "Good, so I'm not going crazy then."

(Your POV)

     The next day had already started. Nothing new was really happening. Karasuno would lose the set, as per usual, and then they'd run up the hill in the burning hot sun as punishment.

     Once and a while, there would a break where the managers would serve watermelon and such.

     During one of them, Bokuto ended up coming up to you.

     "How is your knee?"

     You tilted your head in confusion for a second until you realized what he was referring to.

     "Oh! It's fine now. But it's still scabbed over. It's going to leave a really weird scar..."

     "You should really look after yourself, you're a girl."

     "I don't really care about getting scars honestly..."

     He seemed a little taken back by your comment. Maybe he was used to girls who cared a lot about their appearance? Actually, it was probably just because this was Japan and it was just kind of a given for girls to be cautious about that kind of stuff.

     "O-oh. So you're a tough girl?!"

     His face raised into a huge smile and he punched your arm a with a little power. He laughed and ended up walking away from you, still laughing.

     "Can't say I couldn't have expected that type of reaction..."

     You mumbled to yourself and gave a small sigh. In your peripheral vision, you spotted Akaashi walking towards you.

     Ah, damage control.

     But why does everyone seem to want to talk to me today? It's kind of... Tiring almost? Ugh, seriously? Now I'm getting tired over very small interactions. Go me.

     Someone tapped on your shoulder. You had already known it was going to be Akaashi but you acted somewhat surprised to not seem so dead.

     "I'm sorry about Bokuto-san. He can be a little embarrassing and over the top sometimes."

     "Oh, I noticed. It's fine though, you don't have to apologize on his behalf."

     He nodded slowly and took a sip of the water he was holding.

     "... I feel really bad for your team. They haven't even won a single set yet."

     "Hm, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing? They are really building up their staminas and endurances by doing all of those penalty drills."

     He looked at you curiously and turned his body to face you a bit more. For most of the conversation, the both of you had been slightly looking around and it hadn't really been all that serious.

     "That's a weird way to look at it but I guess you're right... I should get back to my team because the break is probably just about to finish."

     You nodded and he sauntered off. With nothing else to occupy you, you grabbed a piece of watermelon from your tray and bit into it. The juice slightly dripped down your chin for a second before you wiped it off with your wrist because it wasn't going to be sticky.

     "Okay everyone, back to practice!"

     "Okay!"

————