Chapter 8: The Gates To Freedom Open

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Kougyoku. I'm Ayato Pendrigo, I'm one of Lord Drakon's men. I've been assassigned to guard you while Lord Sinbad is busy." A young man with dark brown skin, hazelnut coloured eyes, short wavy hair, and wore a turban with red jewel at the center with a feather, bowed to her kindly. His clothing was floor length blue color cloth similar to Sinbad's, showing he was scholar. Kimi nodded to him as her right hand kept signing papers that need to be checked.
It's been two weeks since she was rescued, her eyes were no longer pink, but golden green color, with the symbol of the third eye on her forehead. She had her short hair in high bun and wore a simple maid dress, though Sinbad pleaded her not wear something so simple. She really wasn't in the mood to get into arguments with her husband. Especially since he's become overprotective of her and wouldn't even let her leave palace, let alone to the market place to visit the citizens. So now, finding out right now that he's even now put an escourt to watch over her, was getting to her nerves. So had to keep herself from groaning out loud.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Ayato. And please just call me Kimi. I'm around the same age as you." She said to him as he nodded.
"Ahaha! Forgive me, I'm used to speaking to everyone in a formal way because I was raised." Ayato chuckled nervously.
Solomon watched silently with Belanova as the conversation between the young scholar and queen went on. Both former magicians of Alma Torran noticed that Sinbad had seem to become more paranoid. Especially after the whole dungeon kidnapping. The both were just grateful that Kimi had not said anything at all about obtaining an 8th djinn then that would have sparked a whole controversial issue.

"Lord Drakon usually has me proofread his military plans to make sure there are no errors. But I do find a few and point them out. I'm glad he's trust me this much." Ayato said as Kimi had him sit down on a chair.
Ka Koubun also watched quietly as the conversation continued. One fact for sure is that Ja'far and Sinbad don't trust him one bit even though he is Kimi's viser. He served the two tea and watched the interaction.
"So you're a military general then?" Kimi asked.
"Sort of...." Ayato admitted, "Truth to be told, I'm more of mage, but I rather keep that a secret because I'm not a fan of Lady Yamuraiha's classes. I also tend to avoid Lord Sharrkan's training." He admitted.
Kimi giggled and nodded.
"Trust me I do the same! I think I rather learn on my own." She said and took a sip of her tea, lavender.
Ayato smiled kindly as he closed his eyes and took a sip of tea, and a soft smile remained on his lips. From what he had heard, the Queen was supposed to be woman with a fiery spirit and also terrifying. But also a kind, loving woman who was wiser than her years, thus, earning her the title of the Wise Queen of Sindria. She knew everyone's names, every single person on the island. She knew when it was someone's birthday, when a mother has given birth and sends her blessings. Truly, the people of the Kingdom of Sindria loved her.
"Lady Kougyoku, the next paper." Ka Koubun said politely as he handed his queen the next document that needed to be signed.
"Ah! Sorry Ka Koubun. Let's see...one moment please Ayato." She gave the young man an apologetic small smile as her eyes went back to the document.
Her eyes scanned it and her lips turned to a frown.
"Why is Sukara still in the army training? I know he hasn't been well and I like him to get some rest. Please go inform Drakon about this and gave him excuse Sakara so he may be treated and rest. Also, please tell him I send him my congratulations to him and his wife having their 5th child." Kimi said as she handed the report to Ka Koubun.
"Right away my queen." Ka Koubun bowed and headed out the door, not before sending a small glare to the boy before shutting the door.

Ayato was surprised by the way the Queen responded to the report. Most royal would just dismiss it and continue onto the next one, but she takes her time to read through each single one carefully and make sure each citizen is doing well.
"Out of curiosity, what do study?" Kimi asked, making the boy snap out of his thoughts.
"I study ancient magic. I have my normal with me, do you mind if I show you?" He asked.
"I don't mind at all." She smiled and he nodded.
He took out a slightly beaten up journal and opens it, inside were strange lines written in some way but Kimi recognize them.
"Runes." She said and Ayato looked at her shocked.
"Y-You know these?!" He said shocked.
"Well, truth to be told, I only know what they are because a person used them once to protect themselves. Other than that, not much." Kimi said.
Ayato nodded and smiled sadly.
"These are ancient magic said to be from an older age. Much older than Alma Torran." He said.