Chapter Twenty Three: Coming Back Home

Marin's POV
"Going somewhere?" I whirled around to find a man, dressed in black, with a black and white bandana covering his face. He was crouched over the sleeping figure of Chatte Noire, holding a silver knife to her neck.
"Who are you!?" I yelled. He clicked his tongue.
"Ah- ah- ahhh. Wouldn't want to wake her, now would we?"he bellowed. I scowled.
"Get away from her."I ordered.
"Not until we talk...... business," he responded. I crossed my arms.
"And what kind of business is that?"I asked.
"Your family. They need you back in China." He replied. When he mentioned family, I already hated this guy. I mean, I love them. Don't get me wrong. But, they just have to much gangs after them. It's too dangerous.
"Why should I agree?"I stated.
"Because if you don't....." He pushed the knife down, making it hover right above Chatte Noire's neck. "Then, she will die." He threatened.
"!!!!!" I...what!? Oh no. Not her! Not my partner! Grrrr....
"What's it gonna be?" He swayed his head. "The clock's ticking."
"Fine. You win. Just don't hurt her." I begged. He laughed.
"Alright. Goodbye... for now."he jumped away from Chatte Noire and moved towards the window. In a flash, he jumped out the window and vanished into the night. I stared at the window. Waiting for him to return with a shotgun or something, to just kill me. But he didn't. And at that moment, Chat stirred in her sleep. She stared at me in confusion.
"What are you doing my prince? Why are you staring at me in my sleep? Stalker much?" She teased. I rolled my eyes. This girl.... she'll never change.
"I'm not a stalker! I was just....taking care of you."I said softly. I don't think I should tell her about what just happened. It might freak her out more than she already is. Her green glowing eyes narrowed in suspicion, but she still shrugged it off.
"Ok. Thank you my prince. Now, I think that it's time for you to get your beauty sleep." She smirked and beckoned me forward. "I've already had my cat-nap so you could use my bed." She stood up from the bed, grabbed my hand, and judo flipped me into the bed.
"Night my prince." She sent a flirtatious wink in my direction before walking out the door. I stared at the door until my eyes started to drop. Shutting close, letting me rest from all those akumatized sleepless nights.

*Timeskip to the morning*

As my eyes cracked open, I was greeted by none other than Maddy. She nudged me until I had the liberty of getting out of the bed. "What's up?" I yawned. She twisted her face in disgust.
"What's up is you. You need to brush your teeth." She waved her hand in front of her nose. "And take a shower. You smell." She continued.
"That's just mean." I scowled, but sighed as I realized that she was right. "Fine. I'll go get ready." She nodded her head and pointed the way to the bathroom. But not before handing me a freshly opened toothbrush. "Thanks." I muttered.
After my fifteen minute shower, I brushed my teeth. After, I got into my change of clothes that Maddy had left for me. After I got changed, I sat down on the bed, thinking over the night before. Who was that guy?
Suddenly, the door creaked, revealing Maddy. She ushered me towards her and I obliged. "Is anything wrong?" I asked.
"No. Your parents are here to pick you up." Was all she said before she closed the door. Short after, the door cracked open again. "Also, you have shampoo in your hair," before disappearing once again.
I rolled my eyes before using my towel to quickly rub out the shampoo from my hair. As I finished, I quickly opened the door and walked to the front of the hospital. As I walked up to the desk, I saw my parents, along with Alain's parents. I stopped.
"Why are you guys here?" I asked. Their heads snapped to my direction. "Did something happen to Alain!?" I practically shouted. Mr.C waved his hand to dismiss my shouting.
"We just got a call from the hospital. But he's fine. We just came to pick him up," explained Mr.C. As if on cue, Alain appeared next to me instantly.
"Alain!!!" I wrapped him in a not-so-manly hug. He staggered back a couple of feet but nevertheless hugged back.
"Hey bro! Sorry I didn't come and check on you!" He apologized.
"I should be the one saying sorry! I bet I was the cause of it!" I cried. We pulled apart only for both of us to be tackled by our own parents.
"Let's go home, Marin. You have school tomorrow." My father said. He grabbed a bag that was filled with my dirty clothes before walking outside.
"Come on Marin. I bet you haven't had any sweets at all." My mother pulled me to door. I turned around and quickly waved at Alain before exiting the building. After, we got into a car, and drove back home to the bakery.

*~Timeskip to the bakery..Fa la la~*

Shortly, we arrived at the bakery. Honestly, I didn't want to do anything but sleep. And that's exactly what I did. I sluggishly walked up the stairs, opened the door, climbed up the steps to my room, opened the hatch on the floor, and slumped down on my bed that I missed sooooo much!
I fell asleep, and stayed asleep until the next morning arrived. And I knew that I couldn't miss out on another day of school. I got from the bed, and sat on my office chair. Then, sudden realization hit me like a wrecking ball.
"Tikki!!!???" I called out. "Tikki, where are you!?" I yelled once more.
"I'm here." A soft melodic voice rang through the air as relief filled my body. The red cute little Kwami flew out of the bathroom and up to my face. Hugging my cheek. I hugged the small creature, careful not to squeeze it to death.
"YOU'RE OKAY!" We shouted at the same time.
"Tikki, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you, or anybody!" I apologized. The little Kwami flew in front of me, gently tapping the tip of my nose.
"You didn't mean to. Hawkmoth was controlling you. But I think you should get ready for school. You only have ten minutes before the bell rings," she said. And in an instant, I panicked. I quickly ran to the bathroom and took a quick rinse.
Throwing on my clothes, putting on some deodorant, brushing my teeth, grabbing my bag with Tikki inside, and rushed out the door, but had to go back in to give my parents a kiss on the cheek.