Chapter Seventeen: Holy Guacamole! So That's What Happened To You...

Chatte Noire's POV

          As I entered the flames, the suit protected me. Maybe it's indestructible. I kept walking, for what seemed almost like an eternity, until I saw a clearing. I ran to the clearing and watched as the flames left me in the dust, forming a circle around the Eiffel tower.
           I really hoped Lady Beetle would show up like he always does, to save the day. But yet, he didn't come. It was like he was the one akumatized.

(A/N: Guessed correctly my friend. But, you're not smart enough to realize the truth)

         I continued searching for the victim, but alas, came up empty handed. That was until, he decided to show himself. He had dark blue hair, and flashing blue eyes. Coffee skin coloured his body. His hair was like a mohawk kind of style. And his suit! I can't even describe it! (Literally, I couldn't!) A yo-yo swarmed around his body with his hand clutching the end.

 And his suit! I can't even describe it! (Literally, I couldn't!) A yo-yo swarmed around his body with his hand clutching the end

          "Hello!" He said, smirking

          "Hello!" He said, smirking. "Come to hand me the miraculous?"
          "Heh...why would I do that?"I asked. This guy was persistent. He laughed. Then his face was serious.
         "Then you came to apologise to me I presume. I mean, after all, you were the one who made me confess my feelings about Adrienne. The girl who would never love me for who I am. You made me tell you something private, that no one ever knew!" He spat the word 'never' out like venom.
            Then, it hit me. It hit like a wrecking ball. I definitely knew who this was. "Marin...?"
           "Wow. How dense are you? Oh course it's me!" He bellowed. "Enough talking and hand me your miraculous!"
           "No! You might be my friend, but I could never do that!"I shouted.
           "Friend? FRIEND!? You call yourself my 'friend'? We could never be friends! Not you, not Rose, not Selena and not that sorry excuse of a girl, Adrienne!" He shouted, in rage. I could feel my heart breaking in two. He always said we were friends. He said to me, Chatte Noire, that I was one of his most precious friends he wished to never lose.
          No. He's not the one saying these things. It's Hawkmoth, making him say it. It just has to be. I didn't want to hear him say these things anymore, so I ended the conversation with a few words. "Shut...up." And then, I sprang into action.
          I could tell Marin was taken by surprise because of the expression on his face. A low growl escaped his lips, as he brought up his hand in the very last second, and brought it down. Fire erupted  from the ground, casting a line, drawing us apart. Clever move, so...Marin.
             I smirked. "Do you actually think fire could stop me?" I said, as I walked through the border of fire. "Haven't you figured it out yet? The suits are indestructible. So anything you throw at me, would mean nothing!"
            A silence drew upon us, the fight turned into a stare down. Not one of us budged. It was ten minutes that passed, until Marin got impatient and lunged. Big mistake. I brought out my claws and sliced at his chest. Fortunately, he was fast enough to try and dodge.

Key word...'try'.

           Unfortunately, he wasn't fast enough and managed to get three, long, claw marks on his chest. Whoops... Blood oozed from the cut, drenching his entire chest with blood. It was a horrible sight. A gasp escaped my lips as I drew my hands to cover my mouth. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Marin-"I was cut off as Marin's fist connected to my jaw.
         I flew backwards, clutching my now swollen jaw. I tried to pick myself up, but it was pointless. I was paralyzed. A smile of triumph sprang across his face, but quickly disappeared as he saw me push upward. "What!?" He said. He gritted his teeth as he took a step closer to me.
        My eyes closed shut as pain jolted through my entire abdominal region. I looked up and saw Marin breathing heavily while resting his foot back down onto the ground. His face was blank. Absolutely no expression on his face.
         His lips started to move, but I couldn't hear anything. I didn't want to hear anything. I knew that I would fail in saving one of my best friends, and I knew that Ladybeetle wouldn't be showing up anytime soon. No one will show up to help.
          But I couldn't give up. I had to keep on trying. "Marin...you have to stop! This isn't you!"I breathed.
         "This is me. This is what I have become."he replied. Fire burned in the globes of his eyes. "This has to be done." He raised his hand, and a flame sword erupted and floated into his palm. A shadow covered his eyes as he brought up his sword, and brought it down.
          CLANG... That was all I heard. I opened my eyes, and saw the flame sword clatter to the ground. I looked up just in time to see anger on Marin's face before he collapsed to the ground. "Huh...?"I tried the best I could to get up, but failed.
          "Are you okay, Chatte Noire?" Said a voice. I looked off to my far right and saw a man, with dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a fox suit, flute in hand. He ran towards me and grabbed hold of my arm and threw it around his shoulder.
          "Who...are you?"I asked. He seemed to think my question over, then he answered.
         "My name is Renard Rouge. I'm a new miraculous holder. And I'm going to be a fellow superhero of Paris. I hope we could work together well.!"he said, cheerfully. I gasped as I realized that he had the fox miraculous.
          Then, I let the exhaustion take hold of me, and I blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note

BOOM! THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!