Chapter Seven: There's A Ghost In The Mirror!

Throughout the car ride, I was talking with Alain's cousins. I was right about one thing, Alex did say that she would teach me how to program something. Scarlett kept talking about books she had read. Her favorite authors are Rick Riordan and Suzanne Collins.
        She read the Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase series from Rick. She also read the Underland Chronicles and Hunger Games series from Suzanne. I told her that I've read most of the books she named.
     Our conversation:
     "I've read those books before. But I never read the Hunger Games series though. "I said.
      "Don't you worry, I have all the books I called out in one of my suitcase. Come over to the house tomorrow and we could read some books."said Scarlett.
       "Sure. After school then."I said. Scarlett nodded excitedly.
       "Maybe we can join you to your school." Suggested Ririna.
       "Yeah. That will be awesome. What do you say Alain?"I asked.
       "Hmmmmmmmm...okay. But don't embarrass me."he said.
       "No problem!"said the three musketeers in union.
       "So Alain. What are we going to do today? Auntie said that you had something planned for us?"asked Ririna.
       "Oh yeah. Mom, Dad. Can you drop us off by the abandoned amusement park?"asked Alain.
       "Sure" they said.

       And now, we're here. At the abandoned Amusement park. Alain had a bag slung on his back, while I held our snacks. "Come on guys. Follow me."he said. We followed him past a lot of  broken down rides and food stalls.
         "Hey Scarlett. We can read the books today. I'm gonna be spending the night with you guys."I whispered.
        "Sounds great. ~Sleepover time~"said Scarlett, in a sing songy voice.
        "Hehe, yeah. Maybe we can make a tent in the living room or something."I said. Scarlett nodded in agreement.
       "Okay guys. We're here."said Alain. It was a cemetery. Alain walked over to a flat stone and placed his bag beside it. He waved us over, and we walked over to him. "Let's get started." He said, while taking out the Ouija board. He placed it on the rock and took out the triangle thingy from the bag.
       He placed the triangle thingy in the middle of the board. I walked over to him and sat down across the rock. The three musketeers hesitated, but they still joined in. Scarlett sat on my left while Ririna sat on my right. Alex sat between Ririna and Alain. We formed a circle around the board.
        "Well let's start. Place two fingers on the 'all seeing eye'."said Alain. We paused, then placed two fingers each on the triangle. Alain said that we had to make circles around the board. He told me to ask if anyone wanted to talk to me. I hesitated at first, but still chanted the line.
         "Are there any spirits who would like to make contact with us? If so, please say no."I said. Scarlett elbowed me in the ribs. "Ouch! Sorry. If you would like to talk with us, please say yes." Suddenly, the triangle moved to 'goodbye' on the board.

         My heart started to beat rapidly. A thought of throwing the board into the sea popped into my head. "I can't believe this! You don't want to talk with me!?"asked Alain. The triangle moved to the right top corner of the board.
      It said...no. I couldn't help but laugh. It was so funny. Not even a spirit wanted to talk to Alain. "Dude...what did you do to the spirit?" I asked. He gave me a sour look. "Hehe, sorry."
      "Whatever." He said. "Why don't you want to talk me, well...us?" The triangle moved from letter to letter. It was trying to say something. Alain took out a book and pen, and wrote down the letters. "Leave"
       "Why?" He asked."Why should I leave?" The triangle started to move again. It spelled out leave. "No" said Alain. I gulped.
        "Um...Alain? Maybe you should just drop it. The spirit obviously doesn't want to talk to us, so we should just leave it at that."I said, fearfully of what might happen if we don't end the conversation.
          "No. I'm going to talk to this ghost, wether you like it or not!"and then, he once again, started over. I silently nudged Scarlett with my elbow.
          "Get him to stop."I whispered.
          "I don't know how to!"she whispered back. Great...
          Then, it happened. There was a loud bang at the far left of Alain, making us jump. "Okay. I'm sorry! Um... goodbye!" He shouted, and then the 'all seeing eye' moved to GOODBYE.
         My heart thundered in my chest. "Well...that was fun."I said. I was answered by grunts of disapproval.
        We took the sweets from the bag and ate it, but far away from the Ouija board. The three musketeers definitely enjoyed it. We called Alain's parents and they came to pick us up. After a couple of minutes of waiting outside of the abandoned Amusement park, Mr and Mrs. C arrived.
        We sat in the same spots we were in, and drove to their house. We all got out of the car and walked inside. Alain, Alex and Ririna went to change into their PJs, while Scarlett and I built the tent.
        We connected the blankets above the TV, so we can watch our shows. We also put in some Christmas lights to make it feel...jolly. We spread out everyone's sleeping bags, put the pillows, threw Scarlett's Teddie on her side and connected the tablet to it's charger. It helps Alain get tired.

    Once we were done with the tent, we grabbed the books from Scarlett's suitcase and started to discuss about them

    Once we were done with the tent, we grabbed the books from Scarlett's suitcase and started to discuss about them. She told me that the Underland Chronicles were about a boy named Gregor, who was the 'warrior' who fell down their laundry machine with his sister, Boots. He went on prophecies with violet-eyed, ghost coloured people with silver hair.
        He met the future Queen of Regalia, saved her, argued with her and fell in love with her. He was almost killed by a big white rat, called the Bane. His bond, Ares (bat), was killed by the Bane. Then he went back to live with his family in New York, and he never went down again. The End.
         "It sounds... interesting."I said.
         "I know right. Here. The series has five books in total. You should start to read it. Now!"she said.
         "I'll start reading it tomorrow."I replied.
         "You better. Well then. What's taking them so long?"she asked. As if on que, Alain,Alex and Ririna, walked out of their rooms. Alain had on a checkered jersey, with some slacks and socks. Alex had on a vest with a regular pajama pants. Ririna had on a purple, night gown, and light blue socks on her feet.
       "What are you waiting for? Don't keep us waiting."said Alain, pointing to the bathroom and bedroom. Scarlett and I grumbled under our breaths, but still went to change. I took a white jersey and red slacks from my bag, and headed towards the bathroom, while Scarlett grabbed her stuff and went towards the bedroom.
        After I slipped into my clothes, I went to the mirror to check how messy my hair was. It was a little... unorganized, so I turned on the tap and dashed water on the face and hair. I took a comb I found next to the mirror and brushed my hair.
         I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. As I spat the water out of my mouth, I lifted my head up and saw a guy with bloodied skin, yellow teeth and horns at the top of his head, in the mirror. I quickly spun around to see if anyone was standing behind me. No one was there. I turned back to the mirror with a blank look on my face and broke down in horror.
      "GHOST!!!!!"I screamed. "YYAHHHHHHH!!!!".