Chapter Twenty: He's Back, But At What Cost?

Sir Flame's POV
(Bet y'all didn't expect that, huh? :-D)

            "Mom?...Dad?" Something within me changed. Revenge that clouded my mind disappeared and was replaced with guilt. Suddenly, they disappeared. My gaze swept slowly across Paris. Watching the destruction that was caused.
        "Did....I do this?" I thought. I looked around once more and saw a guy that was in a Fox costume. He was panting heavily. He looked exhausted. Then my gaze fixed to a broken brick wall. Something in a black suit was trying to claw their way through the debris.
            Hesitantly, I walked over to the thing that was trying to be set free. I stared at the leathered hand for several seconds before grasping it within my own. In one yank, I pulled it out of the debris. I gasped as I saw that the leathered hand belonged to my partner, Chatte Noire.
           Chatte Noire was coughing when I pulled her out. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open and met my own. Her eyes were filled with so much fear and guilt, I gulped. I frowned. I set her down, and her legs gave out from under her, causing her to collapse.
          I knelt before her and placed both of my hands on her shoulder, steadying her before she could collapse. I looked deep into her eyes. "Did I.....do this to you?" I asked. She weakly shook her head.
           "No, it was Hawkmoth. You couldn't control your body. She was in control of you." Chatte Noire said. She placed her small, slender, leathered hand on my cheek. Her smile was weak, yet so powerful.
           "I'm.....so, so sorry my Knight in Shining Leather. I....am sorr- AUGHH!!!" A jolt of pain shot through my entire body. Causing me to stagger away from Chatte Noire. I held my head as Hawkmoth spoke to me.
          ' What do you think you're doing!? You're supposed to be torturing her, not pitying her! Take the Miraculous while she is weak! Take the Fox Miraculous as well! You cannot be stopped because of such pitiful feelings!' she spoke.
          The purple moth that hovered over my face was still there, which meant she was waiting for me to strike. I gritted my teeth. " So you've never felt the need to protect the people you care about!? Are you saying that my feelings for my friends aren't important!? Newsflash grandma. You won't control me anymore. My feelings are more powerful than you can ever be!"

Chatte Noire's POV
            Sir Flame was speaking to Hawkmoth, that's for sure. I looked over to Renard Rouge who was digging through the debris. "Renard Rouge! Get the jar!" I yelled.
          He turned to me. "I would if I could! I'm trying to find the bag right now!"he yelled, turning back to his search. I shook my head in disbelief. He lost the bag! I sighed. I looked back at Sir Flame. He was clearly taking back control of his body.
          Then a thought struck me. " Where's the akuma hidden?" I couldn't see anything that the akuma could possess. Then I thought of the earrings that he wore everyday. ' Maybe it's there.'
           I turned back my gaze to Renard Rouge. He was still looking for the bag. I quickly used my cat vision to scan the area. After several minutes, I finally spot the bag. "Alai- I mean. Renard Rouge! I found it!"
         "Where!?"he shouted. I pointed to the on the side of the area. He nodded and sprinted to the location. Suddenly, Sir Flame yelled. He raised his foot and smashed it on the ground. Flames erupted from ground. Hawkmoth was clearly fighting back.
         "Hurry Renard Rouge!"I yelled.
         "I got it!"he yelled. He held the scratched, but not broken jar in his hands like he just won a prize. He rushed forward and rolled in a 360° turn until he was right beside me. He knelt on his knee and whispered, "So, umm...how are we gonna get the akuma, now?"
           "I'm taking a wild guess here, but I bet it's in his earrings. So, steal the earrings, break it, catch the akuma and say bye bye butterfly!"I smirked as I thought of a plan in a matter of seconds. Renard Rouge shifted as he watched Sir Flame swipe his hands, making flames erupted.
           He nodded."Y-Yeah. That's a great plan and all but, it might be kinda dangerous to get within five feet of him right now."he pointed out. Sudden realization hit me.
         "Oh shit...." I muttered. "Excuse my catastrophic language. I didn't realize it at first. Whoops." Renard Rouge sighed and muttered under his breath.
          "Alright! I'm going in!" He stood up and ran to Sir Flame. He took out his flute and blew a tune, and suddenly an image of a big fluffy cat appeared. What the actual hell is this fox thinking!? Fluffy cats can't beat Sir Flame!
           Then, I noticed something strange. Sir Flames' face was in total awe. He looked lovestrucked. As Sir Flame pushed out his hand to pet the Kitty, Renard Rouge sneaked up behind him and fiddled his fingers. He smiled triumphantly as he grabbed the earrings and kicked Sir Flame into the big cat, causing it to disappear, leaving Sir Flame to fall. Meouch!
          "Sorry bud!" Renard Rouge ran up beside me and smirked. "You're welcome!" He put out his hand and I gladly took it. As I was pulled up, I looked over at Sir Flame who was managing to get his footing.
           "Give it to me and have that jar ready."he nodded as he gave me the earrings and opened the jar. "CATACLYSM!!!" I smashed my two palms together, careful not to let the skin and leather touch, though.
          As I lifted my palm, a purple butterfly flew into view. As it was about to enter the horizon, Renard Rouge yelled a battle cry, Ahem, "LADYBLOGGGG!!!" And captured the akuma into the jar, sealing it shut.
            A purple aura covered Sir Flames' body and vanished, revealing our bubbly cherry friend, Marin. As I was about to walk to him, I heard a whooshing sound coming from above. Renard Rouge and I looked up, only to see piles of bricks and debris falling from above, before it made contact with us both, knocking us out cold.