Chapter Twenty Two: No Wonder We Got Along So Well...

Marin's POV
          As I closed the door to Chatte Noire's room, I was met by a doctor. And me and my clumsy self, accidentally bumped into her. "Oof! I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."I apologized.
       "It's ok. It happens. So, what were you doing in Miss Noire's room?" She asked. Her hair was the same colour as mine and messy. She had the whole doctor's uniform and had glasses. But I was extremely intrigued with her eyes. They were a dazzling shade of dark gray with dark blue flecks.
         Anyways, she seemed to be heading into the cat's room. I then realized that I hadn't answered her question.
         "Oh, sorry. I was spaced out for a moment. Well, I was just visiting. Because, umm.... she's my hero? I'm a big fan of hers'. And she let me in."I chuckled nerviously. Maybe she'll buy it? She seemed to be comprehending something.
        "Really? She said that she didn't want to see anyone." Damn it! But she didn't stop there. "And also, those who entered before you, came out in a matter of seconds. You came out in half an hour." What? Was I really in there for that long?
         "Not to be rude, but.... what's your point? I'm just a fan of hers'. Nothing more." I said. What was this lady getting at.
         "What's your name, kid?"she asked.
         "I'm Marin"I answered. She seemed surprised but then smirked.
         "Oh. So you're the prince she's told me about. You must be very special to her if she let you in." She chuckled. I blushed. I'm special to her? Huh.
         "You think so? I'm special to her?" Why am I so excited? It's not like I have feeling for her.
         "Hmm. Looks like someone has a crush."she sang. Who is this lady!?
        "No I don't!" I huffed. She smirked. "I really don't!" I avoided my gaze. What is happening!? The doctor laughed and I could only imagine the shade of red that covered my face. Suddenly the door opened, revealing two cat like eyes and blonde curls with cat ears poking at the top of her head.
         "Umm, hi."she said. I pursed my lips then frowned. Oh god. Please don't tell her our conversation. I looked at the doctor who was grinning from ear to ear. "Umm, Miss Maddy? Can I get a painkiller? I'm getting another headache." Wait a minute. She doesn't really sound like her flirtatious self. Hmm.
           "Does the Kitty want a paw-wain-killer?"I punned. She smiled at the pun, but the doctor just shook her head.
          "The painkiller is in the last draw of the cupboard on the right side of your bed. Now go and rest. It would be im-paw-ssible to carry you back to the bed if you pass out right now."she said in a serious tone. I smirked.
         "Did you just pun? No offense, but that pun is pretty old."I joked. She scoffed.
         "Offense taken. That's rude young man." Chatte Noire and I laughed.
         "Once family, always family."said a voice behind us. We all turned to see my father, smiling and beaming at us. Next to him was a woman who looked to be in her early forties. She smiled at me, but hugged the doctor.
         The doctor looked surprised at first, but then frowned. "Maman! Why are you here!?" She asked aka:yelled. Chatte Noire and I winced.
          "Take it easy will you? My headache just wore off. Don't create a new one."I groaned.
          "Oh, be quiet. You'll live. Anyways, seriously maman, why are you here? You should be in China."she exclaimed.
          "Well, I came to visit my brother over here." She gestured to my father! I gapped. "And to visit my nephew."she pointed to me. "And you, darling."she put her hand on the doc- my cousin's shoulder.
          "Well, I see why we get along so well." She said. "Guess I should introduce myself. I'm Maddy Cheng." She offered her hand.
         "I'm Marin Dupain-Cheng. Nice to meet you, cousin."I shook her hand. Our parents beamed at us. Guess I should describe my aunt huh? Well, she's about my father's height. She also has dark blue hair with gray streaks. She has eyes of the colour gray. Basically, my father's twin.
           "Well, I called it Sabrim!" My newly found aunt faced my dad. "You owe me ten bucks!"
          "It wasn't a bet, Sarina. We both knew they would get along once we introduced them. So I owe you nothing." My dad said to his sister. As they both continued arguing over the ten bucks, Maddy and I slipped into Chatte Noire's room, wanting to make sure she was ok.
           What we found when we entered was a sleeping cat. "Looks like she's asleep." Maddy said.
         "She probably went to sleep when we were talking to your mom." I said.
         "Yeah. Talk about faith. Us strangers meet up and find out we're cousins. That's pretty rad." She said.
        "Oh. Using slang, are you?" I joked. She lightly punched my arm and chuckled. Then, she frowned.
        "Do you miss China? If you were there to begin with."she asked. I shook my head.
       "Not really. It's better here in Paris than China. There aren't any gang wars or anything. The only threat is Hawkmoth. There's no groups who come after the children if they can't get to the parents." I sighed. I walked over to Chat's bed and sat at her side.
         Maddy went over to a fold up chair and sat down. "Yeah. That's why I left in the first place. I mean, I love my family, but, there's just too much violence. I couldn't stay there anymore. I had to leave." She dropped her head back, exposing her pale neck.
          "I wonder if Chatte Noire ever experienced that. She'd probably take out her stick and whack them on the head if she saw that." I laughed. "I should explain to her what happened in the past couple of days, shouldn't I?"
         "It's your choice to make, Marin. I'll let you stay until she gets up. If anyone tells you to leave, say that doctor Maddy told you to stay." Maddy got up from her chair and walked to the door. "Later cuz'."she waved goodbye.
          "Bye." And I did just that. I waited until the sun went down, and waited until she woke up. And was extremely surprised that the transformation hadn't worn out. I waited and waited, until it was 12:00 in the morning. I groaned. As I got up and walked to the door, I was stopped by a menacing voice.
         "Going somewhere?"