Chapter Twelve: Confession!

After the movie ended, and Selena and I left, we headed home. As soon as we stepped foot into the house, we were bombered by questions about the movie, by my parents. I quickly shrugged them off and replied, "We're pretty tired from the movie, so we're gonna go sleep." which was true. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

     I was suddenly awoken by the shaking of the auburn hair done girl. Seems as though she sneaked out of her room and crept into mines. I squinted my eyes, trying to adjust them to the dark. I looked over at my clock first. 12:00am. I groaned.
       I quickly switched my gaze to Selena. "What is it Selena?"I asked, sleepily.
       "Come on Marin!"she shout whispered. "I'll be leaving on Sunday! Which is tomorrow night! We have to do something fun! Come on! We're going for an early breakfast."
       "Oh. Right..."I completely forgot that she was leaving tomorrow. I'll have to make today and the rest of tomorrow count. I sat up on my bed and rolled off. Hitting my head on the floor. "Oww..."I whimpered. I held onto my head, rolling around in pain.

      It took a few minutes before the pain eased away. As I recovered, I was suddenly struck in the face. "Ow! What was that for!?"I whispered loudly.
      "Ugh! I swear! You are such a clutz! I wanted you to get up! Not injure yourself!"argued Selena. She turned around, not wanting to face me.
     I reached out. "Selen-"

     "No!"she said, smacking my hand away.

  Marin's POV
      I tried apologizing again, but she wouldn't listen. I thought of anything I could do to get her to talk to me. Then it hit me. I could prank her! Hehehe. I am sooo evil.

     "Fine! Don't talk to me! I didn't want to tell you this, but it doesn't matter now. We're through! Done! And I've been cheating on you since we started dating! She's way more fun than you!"I shouted.
       Silence. She didn't respond or even turn her head towards me. What was she doing? Then suddenly, she laughed hysterically. She turned towards me, and I could see tears swell into her eyes from laughing.
      "Oh my God! Marin..HAHA.. you're..you're soo funny. Like you would ever do that. Good try though."she said, patting my shoulder. "Well, I'm gonna go change into my adventure clothes."
       She stood up, and walked out of my room. I groaned and plopped my head down onto my pillow. 'This is gonna be sooooo much fun' I thought to myself. I was about to close was eyes, until I heard a tapping noise. I looked around the room, trying to search for the source of the noise.
       I saw absolutely nothing. Then, I heard it again. It was coming from the window right above my head. 'Maybe it's just a cat.' I thought. Then, it clicked. I instantly sat up, and crawled over to the window. I threw it open, and was met by two glowing green eyes.
      "Quite a late time for a visit, Kitty."I said, grinning at the flirtatious blonde.
      "Well, I was a little hungry. And I knew that your parents owned the best bakery in Paris, so I came to get a snack, my prince."said Chatte Noire, as she stepped through the window and sat on my bed.
      "You're paying, right?"I joked. She looked at me, with a guilty look. I laughed at her expression. "I'm just kidding. Wait here. I'll go get you something to eat." I got up from my bed and made my way to the door. "Oh! I almost forgot. I'll get you a bowl with milk too."
      "Ha..ha..ha. Hilarious."she rolled her eyes. I chuckled. I closed the door and made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a plate and placed a croissant and slice of chocolate cake on top. I went over to the fridge and took the milk, and poured it into a glass.
       I was about to walk back up the stairs, to give Chatte Noire her snack, when I had an idea. I got a bowl from the cupboard and walked up the stairs. As I entered my room, I could see Chatte Noire sitting on the bed, looking as bored as ever.
       "Your snack has arrived."I announced. Her cat like ears perked up. I swear, the ears and tail are life like. She pounced off the bed and landed on my chair. Unfortunately, the chair had wheels. She yelled as she almost fell, with the chair.
       I ran over and grabbed the chair with my free hand. (The sweets were on a tray. F.Y.I.)
      "And I thought I was the clutz."I joked.
      "Whatever."she said. "So..my snack has arrived?"
      "Well, yeah. That's what I just said. Here you go."I handed her the tray with her snacks. She snatched it away and carefully sat on the chair. I chuckled at how careful she was trying to be. She wolfed down her desert within two minutes.
       "That's a new record." I stated.
       "Really?~Meow~" she purred.

      I got up and grabbed the milk and bowl. I quickly poured the milk into the bowl and handed it to the cat. "And here's your drink." She looked down at the bowl of milk and narrowed her eyes.
      "You've got to be kitten me."she said.
      "Nope. Cats drink milk from a bowl. This is simply the most purrfect joke."I purred.
      "You're a natural at purring my purrince." She purred.
      "Yeah. Wow..."I said,grasping the sides of her face. "You have really beautiful green eyes. It reminds me so much of Adrienne's!"I stated.
      "Oh..um..t-thank you for the compliment, but...how does it look like the fashion models?"she asked.
     "I just told you."I moved closer. "They're beautiful."I whispered. Her hands moved to my forearms and held it tight.
     "You know Marin. You're the first person to say that to me. Thank you."she smiled. I smiled softly at her. We released each other and talked. She suddenly got up from her seat on the chair and walked around the room. Inspecting it.
      She stopped at a certain spot and turned towards me.

Chatte Noire's POV.
       I turned towards Marin to ask him a certain question. "Hey Marin? Why do you have so much pictures of that Agreste girl on your wall?" I asked.

...

     Silence. He didn't answer. He frowned and looked away. "Maybe I shouldn't have asked that." Then he spun his head towards me, with a sad expression on his face.
     He took a deep breath, and started. "Honestly I don't know why I tried."he said.
     "What do you mean, my prince."I asked.
     "Before I started to date Selena, I was in love with Adrienne."he confessed. My eyes widened with shock.