Chapter Nine: Chatte Noire Comes For A Visit!

Marin POV.
       As soon as the bell rung, I got up from my seat and headed straight for the gates. I exited the school and crossed the zebra crossing lines. I made it back home within one minute, since I live right across the street. I entered the bakery, and saw my dad at the counter.
       I walked over to him. "Hey Dad!"
       "Hey Marin!" He said. "What are you up to kiddo?"
       "Later, some of my friends will be going to the cinema. Can I take Selena with me?"I asked.
       "Which movie are you going to see?"he asked.
       "Titanic."as I said that, my mom walked out, with her face lit up.
       "You're going to watch Titanic? Of course you can go!...with Selena."she finished.
      "I know. I was already planning to take her. I'll go tell Selena. Bye!"I said.
      "See you later sweetie!"

       As I walked into the living room, I could see Selena sitting down on the couch, watching the TV. I gently put my hand on her shoulder, hoping not to startle her, and said...
       "Selena...later we're going to the cinema with my friends, you down for it. Right?"I asked.
        "Yeah, I'll come. But...can we sit somewhere else?"she asked.
     "Somewhere else?"I asked,confused.
     "Somewhere your friends aren't sitting. In the middle row?"she asked.
     "Oh...I see. I would like to sit with my friends, but...your leaving in a couple of days. So, I'll do whatever you want."I said.
     "Really? Thank you..."she said.
    "Hey, we've still got a couple hours before we head out. You can go get ready if you want.I know girls take more than two hours to get ready."
     "Hey! Eh, it's true. Okay, see you later."she said, planting a kiss on my cheek, making me blush.
      I sighed. "Tikki, it's safe now."I said, and out flew my Kwami.
      "Marin, it's been three days since you went out on patrol with Chatte Noire!"said Tikki.
     "I know. I've just been so busy lately. I'm gonna go talk to her right now. And do patrol before six ó clock. Trust me. Everything will be fine." I said. We went to the roof, so Selena won't hear anything.
      "TIKKI! SPOTS ON!" And I transformed into Lady Beetle. (P.S. im gonna be using the same Lady Beetle picture as before.)

      I jumped off the roof and landed on the nearest building

      I jumped off the roof and landed on the nearest building. This cycle continued on until I reached the Eiffel tower. I landed on the floor of the Eiffel tower, and waited for Chatte Noire to show up. I waited for a couple more minutes, but she still didn't show up.
        I sighed and decided to head back home. It took a good few minutes of my time. I finally made it home, and untransformed. Tikki flew into my pocket, and went to sleep. I walked over to the door connected to my room and opened it.
       As I began to descend the ladder, a voice from behind me called out my name. I lifted my head, and saw two green glowing eyes, staring at me. I was so startled, that my hands left the ladder, and i fell down on my back.
       "Marin!"yelled the voice. It sounded feminine. I looked up and saw Chatte Noire, extending her hand at me. I gladly took it, and she pulled me up. "Are you okay, my prince?"
       "I'm good. You just startled me."I said.
       "Hehe...sorry for startling you."she apologized.
       "Anyways...why are you here, exactly?"I asked.
       "Listen, Marin. The entire world knows that you're dating Selena. And, I'm afraid that you'll get akumatized when she leaves."she said.
       "Oh! And here I thought you were just lonely. Kitty, I'll be fine. Trust me. We were actually talking about this. I can't wait a whole four years for her, so...we were planning to break up when she leaves. I won't get akumatized, don't worry. I'll be strong."
       Even though I sounded confident, I felt sad. I lowered my head and shut my eyes. My smile faded. I was on the verge of crying, and I think the cat sensed it.

Chatte Noire's POV.
      Though Marin sounded confident that he wouldn't get akumatized, I could tell that he was afraid. I could tell that he was about to cry. I tried to be comforting as best as I could. I rested my hand on his shoulder.
       I don't know how, but his arms wrapped around my back and pulled me closer. I didn't know what to do. He rested his head on to my shoulder. I was right, he was about to cry. I wrapped my arms around him, showing him that I was here for him, and that I would be his shoulder to cry on.
        He started to tremble. He was definitely crying.
        "I'll miss her."he said.
        "I know you will. But remember you said that you'll be strong, my prince."I said to him. He began sobbing. Like heart broken sobbing. After a couple of minutes, he stopped crying. He lifted his head, and I could see his blue eyes, filled with sadness.
         He slowly wiped his eyes before speaking. "Thank you Kitty. You are a true friend." I couldn't help but smile. Being told I was a true friend meant a lot to me.
       "So...when you two break up, you're going to move on?"I asked. He simply nodded. "In that case, I'm sure you have someone in mind. I might not know who it is, but I'm rooting for you."
       He laughed and flashed me his heart warming smile. His smile is the most comforting thing I ever saw. "Thanks Kitty." His blue hair was swept to the side, like he just came from a walk on the beach. I placed my hand on one of his broad shoulders. His slim waist line complimented his shoulders.
        He'll probably look nice in a Chatte Noire outfit. That just gave me an idea. "My prince. I just got a great idea. After Selena leaves, I'll come visit you everyday and we can do something fun. Like...make a Chatte Noire outfit."I suggested.
       His eyes widened. "That's a great idea! Hey, do you know how to speak Chinese?"he asked. Does he know I'm Adrienne!?
      "Um...why do you ask?"
      "Well...my dad's side of the family is like, Chinese. So I wanted to learn how to speak it. It kind of sucks when you don't know that your uncle was asking for ketchup in chinese, and you thought he was complimenting your appearance." He said.
       "You thought they were complimenting mew?"i asked.
       "Yeah...pretty much." He admitted. "So...will you help me?"
       "Of course!"I said. His face lit up. He looked like a kid in a candy store. It was so cute. "I'll see yah."
     "Bye!"he replied. I waved and jumped out the window. His smile kept showing up in my thoughts. There's no way I could like Marin like that. Could I? Are my feelings for Marin bigger than my feelings for Lady Beetle? I could feel my face burning.
        I got so flustered, that I almost slipped of the roof.

(A/N: Wow...they really are dense. Come on Kitty Noir! Don't you see! Marin is Ladybeetle! 😒Lord help their souls...)