Chapter Fourteen: Nightmare!!!

Marin's POV

After my 'incident' with Chatte Noire, I went to get ready for my little adventure with Selena. When she said 'early breakfast' I thought that we'd probably go to some kind of bakery. Or use our bakery. I didn't expect her to have a picnic basket prepared for us. She held the picnic basket in one hand, and mine in her other.
She lead me to the door to head downstairs. I quickly grabbed some flashlights from the table and stuffed them into my bag. We walked down the stairs and left through the back door. I honestly didn't know where we were going. So occasionally I would ask, "Are we there yet?" And she would only respond 'not yet'.
After a couple of minutes, we walked over a small Hill and entered a meadow. It took a few twists and turns before we mad it this far. I looked at my watch and observed that it was 2:12am.
I guess I was talking to Kitty for an entire two hours. Selena dragged me over to a bench, where there were some very pretty lights.
"Do you like it?"she asked. It took me a couple of seconds to answer, just realizing that these lights were actually lanterns.
"I love it. Wait a minute. Did you do this?"she nodded. "All by yourself?" She nodded again. I gasped. "When did you do this?"
"Yesterday. While you were in school."she said, clearly proud of herself. I groaned.
"Enough talking, and let's eat. I'm starving."I said, which was true. Since Selena woke me up, I was a little hungry. Last night I ate popcorn, but not food. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bench. We sat down and relaxed. Selena opened the picnic basket and took out a few sandwiches.
Some were chicken, fish and pizza sandwiches(YUM!!!). I could have sworn my stomach would have burst if I had moved on to a fourth sandwich. "That's it. I can't take another bite. I'm stuffed."I said.
Selena laughed at me. "You ate three? I ate three and a half."she said proudly.
"I don't know how you can store all that food in your stomach and still remain small."I groaned.
"I don't know either, but I'm grateful for it."she chuckled. She took my hand in hers. "I'm gonna miss this. I'm gonna miss you."
I frowned. "I'll miss you too." I hugged her tightly. She sniffled as she returned the embrace. We stayed like this for five minutes before releasing each other. She wiped tears off her cheeks and sighed. We talked and talked until the sun rose into the sky.
It shone upon the flowers and trees of the meadow. It was a beautiful scenery. "Let's take a picture!" Selena yelled. She took out her phone and set a timer. She quickly positioned it onto the bench and grabbed my hand. She pulled me over to a certain position.
I wrapped my arms around her waist so we were both facing the camera. She suddenly spun around and moved us so our sides were facing the camera. She pulled me in for a kiss. Her arms wrapped around my neck as mine were around her waist. (Cheesy. Hehehe)
The camera clicked and a flash of light showed that the picture was taken. Selena didn't immediately pull away to check the photo. Instead, she just stayed there, wrapped in my arms. Our kiss ended when we suddenly heard a loud noise. I instantly knew what was going down. I grabbed Selena's hand and lead her back to the bakery.
"Stay here."I warned her. She simply nodded before I ran through an alleyway. "Tikki!"I yelled. As if on que, Tikki flew towards me. "Tikki! SPOTS ON!" I transformed into Lady Beetle and used my yo-yo to swing towards the location of the akuma.
As I made it to my destination, Chatte Noire was already there, trying to lead the citizens to safety. The akumatized victim was very pale. Almost translucent. Her hair was red and curly. Her blood red eyes were the perfect example of terrifying. Her outfit was red, but her boots were purple. A yellow belt hung around her waist.
"I am she called Nightmare. I am she who will make your fears and nightmares come true."she said will a bow. She leapt and tackled a citizen, pinning him to the ground. Her eyes glowed a brighter shade of red. The citizens eyes turned to the same colour before he began to scream.
I jumped down to the ground and ran towards the akumatized victim. Before things got worst, I tackled Nightmare and used my yoyo to trap her. Nightmare was now pinned to a post, tangled up in my yo-yo. I walked over to the citizen to make sure he was okay.
"Hey. Are you okay?"I asked. The man was breathing heavily.
"My...family. Are...they...alive?"he breathed.
"Yes sir. They're safe."I confirmed.
"Good."he sighed. I carefully helped the man to his feet. I quickly yelled for Chatte Noire to help the citizen to safety.
"~Hey bugaboo~"Chatte Noire cooed, as she stood beside me.
"Chatte Noire, take this citizen to safety, please. I have to find the akuma before-"I was cut off by a punch to the stomach. I staggered back, clutching my stomach. I looked up and saw Nightmare throwing her fist to my face. I dodged before it made contact.

Chatte Noire's POV

Lady Beetle dodged the punch before it could touch him. I didn't have time to help him, I had to take the citizen to safety before anything bad could happen to him. I held the man's hand and led him to the other citizens.
As we were a few steps away from the people, he released my hand and walked over to the crowd by himself. "Thank you."he said.
"Anytime."I replied, before using I made my way back to Lady Beetle. As I reached, I could only watch in horror as Lady Beetle was beaten to the ground.

Lady Beetle's POV

I watched as Chatte Noire escorted the man to safety. I tried to get my footing together before pain erupted in my stomach. Nightmare held an iron stick in her hand. She walked towards me slowly, before she swung the iron at me.
The iron missed me, only because I was able to get away in time. I took out my yo-yo and swung it to a lamp. I was about to pull myself away, but Nightmare was faster. She swung the iron to my arm, and it made contact. I yelled in pain as I released the yo-yo and fell face first onto the floor.
"Give me your miraculous!"she shouted.
"No."I breathed.
"Are you willing to die to keep the miraculous?"she asked.
"Yes. As long as Hawkmoth doesn't get the earrings, then I'm willing to die for it."I said.
"Suite yourself." She raised the iron above my head and brought it down. I shut my eyes, waiting to be knocked out. Then, there was an ear splitting scream. I opened my eyes and saw Chatte Noire, yanking Nightmare's hair. Chatte pulled her at least five feet away from me.
"Go!" Chatte Noire yelled. "I'll keep her busy. You go and come up with a plan!"
I stared at her, amazed.
"Go! Now!"she growled. I nodded.
"Thanks."I said. I grabbed my yo-yo and swung it to a nearby building. I 'flew' to the top and sat on the ground. My arm was still hurting from the hit, but Chatte Noire was going to get more injured if I was to do nothing. I forced myself to stand. I had no choice but to use it.
"LUCKY CHARM!" I yelled. A jar of some very, very sticky glue dropped from the sky. "Seriously? What am I supposed to do with this? Curse you Lucky Charm!" I looked at the jar of glue and down to the akumatized victim.
I opened the jar and examined the glue. It was like cement. After a few seconds, it dried on my fingers. I had to smash it on the floor to get my fingers freed. I looked back down to the fight, and then I had my plan.

____________________________________

Authors note!

Okay, so...how did I do the fight scene. Was it good 😃!? Do you guys think I'm capable of writing a book?

If 'yes', take that MOM!!!

If 'no', well I tried.

Anyways, no one's going to be dying until the last battle. Which is not anytime soon. I'm saying this because my friends read the story and kept asking if Selena, or Marin or Kitty Is going to die.

I got really mad. She kept saying that it'll be better if someone died. My friend is a weird one I tell you. In the next chapter, Alain's cousins will be leaving.

Sorry I didn't put them in much of the chapters. My fault. I just didn't know how to add them in. And I'm very, very sorry that I hardly pit in conversations with Tikki and Plagg.

Anyways, I'll see you guys in the next chapter!!

Bye!!!!🙋