Chapter Thirteen: Marin Got Sad And Mad...

"Before I started to date Selena, I was in love with Adrienne." He confessed. My eyes widened with shock.

Chatte Noire's POV

       After hearing those words, I didn't know what to say. He confessed to me! Well, not me, but, Chatte Noire me. Not Adrienne me. If you understand. I gulped down a cry. I was completely silent.
        Marin turned towards me, with a sad expression on his face. He finally asked. "Is it that bad to have a crush on her?"
       "I don't know. Have you told her...that you,...love her?"I asked,choking out the words.
     "Yeah right. Like she would even like someone like me. She probably likes people who are brave, and muscular, smart... That's not me. That's not who I am. I'm not brave, not that muscular, and not like,doctor Einstein smart. I don't have a chance with her."he said, chuckling.
       I started to feel guilty. I wanted to tell him that it'll be okay,but...I am Adrienne. And I'm in love with Lady Beetle. I can't just up and tell him that he doesn't have a chance. I had to ask him something that I'm afraid might actually happen. "What will you do if she rejects you?"I asked.
       He met my gaze and answered my question. "If she rejects me, I'm counting on you to save me, Chatte Noire. I'll need your help more than ever after she rejects me. So, are you up to the challenge?"he asked.
        "Of course." I realized that he didn't call me by my nickname, but by my hero name. This must be serious. I brushed it aside and continued to ask him questions. That was the plan, until he looked up at the clock.
      "Damn..."he muttered.
      "What's wrong?"I asked.
       "Hm? Oh. I have to go spend the entire two days with Selena before she leaves. I better go. I'll see you."he said, standing from his seat. I quickly grabbed his arm, wanting to ask him questions.
       "Hold on a minute Marin. Sit. I have some questions for you, concerning the Agreste girl."I said, sitting him back down.
       "Oh, so this suddenly became an interrogation?"he said, resting his head in his hands, as his arms laid on his knees. "This should be fun..."he muttered. We both stared at each other for a few minutes. He waved him hand, gesturing for me to carry on.
       I took a deep breath and started with my first question. "When did you realize you had a crush on the Agreste girl?"
      "Adrienne."he replied.

     "What?"I asked, confused.

     "She has a name, and it's Adrienne. Stop calling her 'The Agreste Girl'."he said. "She's not some movie title."he continued.
     "A little protective, huh?"I joked.
    "No."he grumbled. "As for your question, I'll answer it now. At first I didn't like her. I thought she was putting gum on my seat, so instantly I thought she was just like Clovis. So, I pretty much ignored her. I was mad."he said.
       "So you assumed she was just like Clovis?"I asked playfully. Marin didn't laugh though. I guessed he didn't find it funny. He relaxed his shoulders and slumped down more into his chair, throwing his head back.
       "Not even he started out like that. He was just like me when we were younger. Well, me and Lady Beetle combined actually."he whispered.
       "What do you mean?"I asked. Clovis and I have known each other since we were little, and he was always harsh on others.
      "I mean, sure. I don't like Clovis that much, but, younger me would disagree with that. He would say that Clovis was the best. I used to say that. Before his father left, he was so...innocent. He was kind, friendly and brave, but when his fatherr left, he started to change. He became...cold, and mean. We were best friends."he said.
        It surprised me. Honestly, I've never heard Marin say anything nice about Clovis before. I was about to say something about Clovis, but realized that we were going off track. "Hold on a minute, you still need to answer my questions. We'll talk about Clovis later. Now, continue."
        He sighed, but continued. "Like I was saying, I ignored her. It was wrong of me, I realized that the second day of the semester. When school was over, I was about to leave, but saw that it was raining. I was waiting for the rain to stop, when she tried to talk to me. I still ignored her, but she explained the situation to me. She then offered me her umbrella. That's when I fell in love with her."
        "Because she gave you an umbrella?"I asked.
       "Brush that aside. Next question?"he asked. I gladly obliged.
       "Why did you fall in...love with her?"I asked, pushing out the rest of the question.
       "I fell in love with her because she wasn't like any other girl I'd met."he replied.
       "W-What do you mean, prince?"I asked.
       "Well, she's kind, gentle, brave. She helps those in need. Even when she knew Clovis was trying to get her autograph and lied about some kind of home for homeless children. Show off..."he muttered. I laughed silently. "Anyways, she thinks of others before herself. She's simply just a really lovely person, inside and out. Her heart is pure."
        I gasped. That was the first time someone's ever said something like that to/about me. I couldn't help but leap into his arms and cling to him like a bat clinging to a cave wall. "Woah! What's wrong!? Are you okay!?"he asked, grabbing my shoulders and looking into my eyes.
        "Y-Yeah. I-Its just that...what you said was really beautiful. I didn't know that you thought of her like that."I said.
        "Why are you so surprised. What I said was the truth."he whispered. He suddenly moved away. "She'll never love me for me." What he said really hurt me. Does he really think I'm that shallow?
        "But, what if she returns your feelings? Do you think she'll give it a chance?"I asked.
       "No."he grunted. "It'll never work out."
      "Are you su-"I was cut out by the blueberry child.
      "I don't want to continue these questions anymore. I think it's time you should leave."he said.
      "But-"

      "Just...leave."he breathed. Tears started to form in the corner of his eyes. I didn't want to leave him alone, but I had no other choice. I opened the window and started to climb out. Before I left, I uttered a few words before I left.
         "I'm sorry, my prince. Goodnight..."
         And with that, I jumped from the window, and leapt all the way back to my 'home', leaving Marin alone in his room of sad thoughts.

"He is definitely going to get akumatized on Sunday. I just need to be prepared for it."