Chapter Four: We're A Couple...Hooray.

I ran Selena from my room and quickly got dressed. I wore a new white shirt, black vest and a brown tuxedo. I slung a watch around my hand and combed my hair. My black pants were neatly pressed. I have to admit, I probably looked awesome.

As I was just about to head downstairs, Tikki jumped out of my bag and flew towards me

"Marin! Where are you going?"she asked.
"Out for lunch, with an old friend."I assured her.
"Okay then, but you have to be back by 7:00. You and Kitty Noir have patrol today."she reminded me.
"I'll be back before that! See you soon, Tikki. Stay out of trouble, okay?"I asked
"Okay. Bye! Enjoy!"she replied. I walked out of my room and headed into the living room. Selena sat on the couch, watching TV. Boy! She was just as lazy as her 6 year old self.
"Shall we go... Mr. Good Looking."she teased. I couldn't help but laugh a bit.
"Of course... Mrs. I'm so perfect."I teased back. We were joking around for a couple of minutes. It was fun...like old times. We decided to go out for lunch. I remembered that her favourite food was Mexican dishes.
"Still like Mexican food?"I asked hopefully.
"Well, duh! I would be a skinny french fry if I had given up on Mexican food!"she assured me.
"If you keep eating nothing but Mexican food, you'll get like Patrick the sea star!"I joked.
"Hey! I love Patrick! He's my favourite character in that show!" Her face looked serious.
"I'd rather SpongeBob. At least he remembers to bathe everyday." Now I was getting serious.
"He's too much of a goodie too shoes." Said Selena.
"Now you've just insulted my honour!"I said offended. We continued this argument over SpongeBob and Patrick throughout the entire walk to the restaurant I was taking her too.
When we arrived, Selena gasped. The restaurant we were at, is where we last saw each other. "We'll continue this argument later."she pointed out, before running to the restaurant. I laughed. Damn I missed her!
I walked into the restaurant, and saw that Selena was nowhere to be seen. I waved a waiter over and asked if he had seen her. He said a girl, matching her description, walked out on the patio. I thanked him and headed to the direction he pointed out.
I walked out onto the patio, and saw nothing but cherry blossom trees. I had forgotten that it was the season that the cherry blossoms bloomed. I got off of the patio and wondered into the woods. Something clicked in my head. I had a feeling to go to the place where Selena and I said goodbye.
I ran to the place where the cherry blossoms lead to the sea. That was where we said our goodbyes. After a few minutes of running, I finally reached the sea. And there she was. Standing under the cherry blossoms, looking out at the sea.
I walked up to her, not wanting to scare her. I put my hand on her shoulder and spun her around. She was definitely thinking about what happened 10 years ago, because her eyes were red and puffy. "Do you remember?"she whispered.
I nodded. If this continued, I would've broken down. Back then we were so young. Thinking about our goodbye...made me sad. This was too much to handle. I couldn't help it. My tears streamed down my eyes.
I pulled Selena in and hugged her, like there was no tomorrow. I cried into her shoulder, just like I used to do when we were younger.

No one's POV
Little did they know that they were being watched. Piercing green eyes watched them from afar, through the cherry blossoms. There, watching from above, was Plagg. Chatte Noire's Kwami. Why was he spying on them?
Soon, after a few minutes watching the two cry, he flew away.

Marin's POV
We ended our crying after we noticed some people passing by stare at us. We stayed in an embrace, not wanting to head back. Selena and I stared at each other, not releasing.
We ended the embrace and entwined our fingers, staring deeply into each other's eyes. She moved her head upwards as I was a bit taller than her. She closed her eyes and I instantly knew what was happening. I shut my eyes, and tilted my head downwards.
Within two seconds, our childhood friendship ended, and a new relationship begun. Selena and I kissed, not knowing the consequences of our actions. She was leaving in a couple of days, and I hadn't known that Mrs. Rouse had taken the class out to see the cherry blossoms.
There they all were, standing with their jaws dropped. They had all seen it. And what made it worse, there were camera men taking photos. I hadn't known that Selena was a singer,dancer and movie actress.
This kiss was now going to make the cover of a magazine. Great! "What have we gotten ourselves into?"I asked, to no one.
"We became a couple. That's what we've gotten ourselves into."she said smiling at me. I smiled back, not wanting her to feel like it was a mistake. I was actually kind of excited to see what was in store for us.

------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note

I had too. I'm sorry. But, *sniff* it was for the drama. (You guys know where this line came from, right?)