Chapter Twenty One: Do Cats Get a Side Order of Grumpy Blueberries?

No one's POV
Marin woke up with a splitting headache. Bright light blinded his vision when his eyes peeled open. He expected his back to be against the concrete floor, but was surprised when his back was on a soft sensation.
Pillows aligned the back of his head, making his headache feel a little less painful. He groaned as he sat up, observing the area he had shortly woke up in. What he noticed first, was a machine, hooked up right next to his bed, linking up to his wrist.
He hesitated at first, but eventually pulled out the wire. Suddenly the door creaked, revealing a nurse carrying a vessel filled with some kind of medicine. She gasped as she saw that he was awake. But quickly regained her composure.
"You're awake. That's good. I'll go and inform your parents and the doctor. They'll be with you shortly." She walked over to his bedside and placed the vessel on the cupboard. As she was about to walk out, Marin stopped her.
"Umm, excuse me. Can I have a painkiller please?"he asked. The nurse nodded and got a small packet and a glass of water, handing it over to the blueberry child. Within one second, Marin gulped down the painkiller with the water.
"Thank you,"he said. The nurse smiled before she exited, probably to inform his parents. Marin sat in silence, reminiscing of what had occurred. He remembered being akumatized. Being tortured to watch what was occuring and not being able to stop it. Not being in control of his body. And finally, hurting the people he cared for.
His train of thoughts were interrupted when he was suddenly tackled by none other than his mother. He embraced the woman who raised him since he was born. Thankful for someone like her to be in his life.
Marin loved his parents more than anything, and was happy that their image was able to snap him back to reality. Before he had done something he would've regretted. Like hurting Chatte Noire more than he already had.
"Oh my fudge! Where's Chat? Is she ok? And that new superhero! Is HE OKAY???? I HAVE TO SEE THEM! NOW!" As he was about to get out of bed, he was slightly pushed back by the nurse.
"Where do you think you're going? You have to stay in bed and rest!"the nurse commanded.
"..."Marin smiled. "Where else? To say my Knight in Shining Leather?" Marin jumped out of bed. Ignoring the pleads of the nurse and his parents to stay in bed. As he was running down the hall, he passed a doctor. He skidded to a halt and tapped the doctor on his shoulder.
"Um, excuse. Do you know where the room of Chatte Noire is?"he asked.
"Umm, over there?"the doctor pointed to the end of the hall. Marin smiled, but frowned as he realized that him himself who put her there. If he hadn't been akumatized, none of this would have happened.
"Uhh....thanks."he walked to the room of the super heroin. He stared at the door for several minutes before opening the door. As he entered, he was met by two piercing green eyes. They were filled with confusion.
Marin raised an eyebrow. But smiled at the sight of his partner. "Sup kitty cat!"he waltzed into the room.
"Umm, my prince. What are you doing here?"she asked. A bandage covered her head, but the two cat ears and blonde hair stuck out. At first Marin thought that she was fine. Just a minor head injury. But what he didn't know, was that it was so much more.
Her body wasn't physically damaged, as the suit protected her for most of it. But, he head injury was more than what he thought. "Just came to check on you,....and apologize." He looked down.
"For what?"her face showed confusion when he looked up. Like if she didn't know what he meant.
"I know you're just trying to not make me feel bad and all. But, what I did to you.....to everyone.....to Paris. It was unforgivable. So, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause you any trouble. I was just, so enraged with everything that was happening, that I didn't realize that I would end up hurting everyone. I'm so so sorry." He apologized. He sat at the foot of her bed, waiting for her response.
Chatte Noire frowned. "I honestly don't know what you mean. What do you mean that you hurt me? And everyone? And Paris? You didn't hurt anybody. "
Marin zoned out. 'What?' He cut her off before she could say another word. "What's the last thing that you remember?"he asked.
"Lady Beetle and I were at the Eiffel tower, getting ready to patrol. Now, how did meow end up in this hospital bed?" She.......she couldn't have....
'Its all my fault. I caused this!' I took her arm. "Chatte Noire......I think you have......lost, your memory."Marin said. She gapped. 'She doesn't believe me.'
"What? That's not possible! I didn't lose my memory! I couldn't have! Nothing happened to make me lose-!"
"How are you supposed to know that! I know because I was there! Everything you said, already happened! You've gone through a practical war! With me! You could've died if it wasn't for the suit! So yeah! Shit happened! And you LOST YOU'RE MEMORY BECAUSE OF IT!!!" He screamed. He didn't care if a crowd formed behind the door or anything.
Marin sighed loudly. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sorry for yelling at you. I've just got a lot on my mind. And I shouldn't take it out on you. Get some rest. You'll need it if I have to explain everything that happened."He patted her head before walking out the door.
More was yet to come for Marin. More danger. Targeted to his civilian form, not Lady Beetle. And it was going to be the most painful year ever. And the most painful seventeenth birthday party of the century.