Chapter Two: Will You Be My Valentine?

Rose didn't talk to me for a few minutes, until I decided to make her laugh. After I joked around with her, she started talking to me. We talked about ourselves for what seemed like hours. From what she's told me, she is also a model. She stared in a couple of movies and she's a YouTuber.
No matter how much times I ask, she wouldn't tell me her YouTube name. I guess I might have to steal her phone or something to get the name. We talked about our families and friends.
"I only have one friend. And that is my cousin,Adrienne."she said.
"I see...which side are you on?"I asked.
"What do you mean? Do you mean who I choose?"she asked,confused.
"Oh! No. I meant which side of the family are you from? Like her mother's side of the family or her father's side of the family?"I asked.
"Oh! I see. I am from Adrienne's father's side."she replied.
"Okay. I'm sorry that your uncle died. I'm sure he was a good man."I said, sympathetically.
"Yes, he was. He was the greatest uncle in the world. I miss him, so much."she said. Shortly, she began to sob. Seeing her cry like that reminded me of when my childhood friend left.
I didn't know what I was doing, but i embraced her. She needed a hug and a friend. She was probably hurting even more than I was when she left.
To my surprise, she hugged back. Her clothes were wet and her hair was damp. Her body temperature was probably below 10°. I felt bad for her. Her crying, made me cry. Soon after, we were both shedding tears.
We remained this way for a couple of minutes. Suddenly, a voice came from the door. "Rose? Is that you?" The being asked. Rose and I both looked up and saw a worried Adrienne.
Rose and I ended our hug, and she ran to Adrienne." Hello cousin! I've missed you so much!"she cried, giving Adrienne a rib crushing hug.
"I've missed you too."she returned, giving her cousin a hug. Well, that was awkward. Did she really have to walk in on us. I kinda wished she hadn't. I walked up to them, since it was getting awkward.
"Um...h-hey A-Adrienne!"I stuttered.
"Hey Marin! I see you've met my cousin! So...um...sorry for walking in on your hug, there."she apologized.
"Don't be!" Rose and I said in union.
"What I mean is, that hug should've been yours"I said to Adrienne.
"Really?"she asked, with a smile.
"Yeah."she responded.
"Well...um...I think so. I-I mean, wouldn't you like to hug and cry with...family?" I said, scared. Her blue eyes pierced through my own.
The two girls giggled." What's so funny?", I asked.
"Nothing. Here. Sorry, your shirt is wet because of me. Dry yourself up."said Rose, handing me the towel.
"Nah...I'm fine. Give it to Adrienne. She looks pretty wet."I joked.
"Thanks."said Adrienne. Rose held the towel out to her, and she accepted. She ran the towel up and down her face then dried her long,blonde hair. Her green eyes shimmered in the dark (for some reason). She looked Beautiful. Then, Rose ran her soft,delicate hand, through her hair.
My face turned completely red, watching the two beauties. I think they noticed my red face.
"Are you okay Marin?" They asked together.
"Wh-What? Oh! Um...I'm fine! Yeah. N-nothing wrong with me!"I stuttered. They so didn't believe me. Rose and Adrienne, both walked up to me and each placed a hand on my forehead.
"I don't think your fine, Marin. You have a fever."said Rose.
"Yes Marin. You should take some medicine before it gets worst."said Adrienne.
"O-okay. Let me just get the medicine-" I said, before almost collapsing. Rose and Adrienne somehow managed to catch me before I fell.
"Marin, sit down. I'll go get the medicine you brought for me." Offered Rose. Before I could say anything, she dashed away to get the medicine, leaving me alone with Adrienne. She stared at me, studying something. We remained like this until she spoke up.
"How do you know my cousin?"she asked.
"W-well. We...met today. She...ran in the school and I got, bored. So...I went to talk to her and saw that she was wet. So...I went to the nurse's office to get her a towel and some medicine, before she got sick. After...we just...talked. And got to,well...know each other."I explained.
She seemed to believe it, which was good. Shortly after, Rose returned with the medicine I had brought for her. She grabbed the spoon that she had used and poured some medicine. She held the spoon to mouth and said, "Say ahhhh..."
I opened my mouth and said ahhhh. Rose smiled and put the spoon into my mouth. I slurped the medicine, and boy, it tasted nasty! "Bluh! Gross! It taste like custered flavoured socks! Eugh!"
The cousins laughed. They looked so pretty. "Well. Look at me. I'm helping you even though you lied."said Rose.
"Lied? About what?"asked Adrienne, clearly confused.
"Oh! I lied about my name. I told her my name was Kablowki."I said. Adrienne laughed. I guess she didn't think Rose would actually believe that Kablowki was my name.
Shortly after, my fever went down in seconds. Adrienne took the towels and medicine back to the nurse's office. Leaving Rose and I alone. Rose and I were talking about Valentine's Day. About what we'd be doing.
Though I just met her, I felt a special connection with her. Suddenly, my heart started to beat rapidly, I was getting scared and blush covered my face. I thought what the feeling was, and soon after, I knew that this feeling was love. I gathered the courage and asked the question
"Um... Rose. I know we just met but,...will you-"I was about to ask, until someone called from the door.
"MARIN!?" Screamed the voice from the door. We looked up and saw a girl with brown skin, auburn hair,and green eyes standing in the door. Her hair was beach wavey and her cheekbones added a charming perfection to her look.
"No way! It can't be! You can't be her!" I said, stunned.
"Hey there Marin. It's been a long time. You've missed me?"she asked. I ran to the auburn hair girl and gave her a hug. Just in time, Adrienne appeared in the door and walked over to her cousin.
They both looked at us in a confused look. I pulled away and held her hands in my own . We gazed into each other's eyes. "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"What? Is it bad that I came to see my childhood friend?" She asked. I shook my head. "I thought so."she said, giving me a hug.
"Childhood friend?" The cousins asked.
"Hm? Oh! Girls, this is Selena. She's my childhood friend from 10 years ago. Selena, this is Adrienne and Rose." I said, gesturing to the cousins. They all gave awkward waves. I could tell that they were uncomfortable.
"Hey Selena? Remember this?" I asked. I unhooked the chain from my neck and showed it to Selena.
"Of course." She said pulling out her chain. "It's been so long. You've certainly grown."she said eyeing me down from head to toe.
"Look at me? Look at you!" I said, spinning her around. "You've definitely grown taller...and more beautiful." I said.
"Awwww.... Well then, you've grown handsome." Said Selena. I blushed. Being called handsome, from my childhood friend, meant a lot to me. I smiled and hugged the life out of her.
She groaned and told me to let her go. " No way. I'm not letting you go again."
I think she blushed because her face got a little red. I was about to tell Rose and Adrienne about the chain, because they were staring at it. But before I got to explain, Selena asked the question.
"Hey Marin? Today's Valentine's Day. So. Will you be my Valentine?"she asked.