Chapter Three: Fashion Show

"You want me to be your Valentine?"I asked, amazed.
      "Yep. So that way, we can spend some time together. And you know, catch up."she replied.
      "Oh geez, thanks! Okay then. I'll take you out for lunch. Around 12:00. Okay?" I asked.
     "Okay. See yah then. I'll be with your parents."she said as she waved goodbye. I was so happy that Selena was back. She definitely is more beautiful than when we were 6. This Valentine's Day was gonna be awesome.
        The rain seemed to die down because I didn't hear anything pounding on the roof. After a few minutes, students started pouring into the class. Nina walked into the class and stepped over to Adrienne. Adrienne was introducing her to Rose, who seemed to have a jealous look on her face, but still smiled at Nina.
       They shook hands and sat together at their seats, talking. Soon after, Alain, walked into the class and headed towards me. "Who's that chick?"he asked.
       "That's Rose, Adrienne's cousin. She came to visit her."I explained.
       "Cool. She's pretty." I think they heard us because, Rose, Adrienne and Nina, were looking in our direction. Alain and I waved awkwardly at them, not Knowing if they heard us.
         The three turned their heads and snickered. Alain and I looked at them confused. We took our seats behind them and talked about what we'd be doing for Valentine's Day. Alain said he'd be spending his day with his family.
       "My childhood friend came to visit, so, I'm gonna take her out for dinner. So we can catch up."I explained.
       "So, you mean, like a date."said Alain.
       "Date? No. We're just going out for lunch. Between friends. I wouldn't call that a date."I said.
      "Marin. Don't you think she thought it was a date?"asked Nina.
      "What? Uh oh! I'm gonna have to clear this misunderstanding."I said. "And why were you minding our business?"I put her in the spot.
      "Technically, I wasn't minding your business. Your right above me, so I can hear everything you say."she replied.
      "Well, mind your business please."I said with some sass. Nina glared at me and I glared back, sticking out my tongue at her, which she returned. We were like little kids. Adrienne and Rose were justing staring at us.
         Nina got up from her seat and walked up to me. She jumped at like a cat, and pulled my hair. Hitting me all over my body with punches and kicks. She squeezed my cheeks with all the power she had in her.
      Soon, she was exhausted. She got up and teased me once more before walking to her desk and sitting down, catching her breath. Alain sat me up and died of laughter. "Did you seriously just get beaten up by a girl. Hahaha! Dude! Your cheeks are completely red. Want an ice pack?"he joked.
        "Ugh! Shut up! I can't fight back! She's a girl! You can't hit girls!"I yelled.
        "Alright, alright. Fine. I'll stop. Besides, class is just about to start."said Alain.
        "Omg! Lol! Marin just got beaten up be a girl. Can you be anymore weak?"snarled Clovis. I ignored his question. Clovis drifted his eyes away from me and stared at Rose. Soon, he was looking at Rose then Adrienne. He was probably thinking that they looked just like each other.
        He walked over to them and picked up Rose's hand and smooched it. Rose was clearly uncomfortable, since she was trying to scoot away. Clovis lifted his head and greeted her.
        "Jeez Clovis! Do that to a horse instead! I think it might like you more."I said, disgusted by his behavior.
        "Well, this is how I greet people. Unlike you, who greet them with a handshake."he snarled.
        "Maybe because they'd rather not have their hand smooched by a stranger." I snarled back. We continued arguing until the bell rung. Clovis went back to his seat and muttered something to himself.
        "Can you believe that Alain? Sometimes, that guy could be so gross."I said.
        "I know what you mean dude. That was just wrong."agreed Alain.
       "It was disgusting."Rose joined in. "I don't even know him."
       "That's what I mean."I said. Adrienne and Nina sighed and nodded their heads in agreement. "Hey Rose? Isn't that considered flirting?"I asked.
       "I don't know. But if it was, someone gave him some bad flirting advice."she joked. We all laughed. Soon after, the teacher walked into the class and greeted everyone. She noticed Rose and nodded her head.
         "Good morning class! You all look splendid in your outfits. Now before we begin class, Marin has made Valentine's Day sweets for you. Marin, can you please share out the sweets for us?"asked Mrs. Rouse.
         "Of course. I've waited too long to share these out."I said as I stood up from my seat. I grabbed the box and lifted it in my arms. I asked Alain if he could help me out and he agreed. We walked around the class and handed everyone a box. When we came up to Rose, she just smiled, not expecting a box.
         "Hold up. The box ran out of boxes."I joked. I walked to my desk and opened my bag. There was a box of sweets in the bag, which was for me, but I wanted to give it to Rose. I grabbed the box out of my bag and walked up to Rose.
        I held the box out to her and said, "Happy Valentine's Day." She smiled and said the same thing, taking the box out of my hands. They opened the box and tasted the cake. The the cookie, then the chocolate, and complimented it.
        Hearing these compliments made me happy. I heard a few of the girls in my class say that I'd make a 'good husband'. I blushed and thanked them for the compliments. Even Clovis ate the sweets. Nathalie looked me in the eyes and blushed.
         They were enjoying my sweets too much. I gave a box to Mrs. Rouse and she thanked me. "Now that you're all finished with your sweets, let's have some people model for us!"she exclaimed. Everyone cheered and nominated each other.
        People nominated Adrienne and Clovis to walk up together. Clovis was excited, but Adrienne looked drained. They still walked up together though. It would've been nice if Clovis wasn't there.
        People then nominated me and Rose. We looked at each other and sighed. I tried to argue with them but ended up failing. What have they gotten us into. .
        We walked up to the front of the class and everyone grew silent. Suddenly, people applauded an whistled. My blush intensified. There was nothing more embarrassing than this. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Rose's wrist, pulling her away from the applause.
        I looked up and noticed that Kimmy and Sebastion were the one that were whistling. I nominated them to walk up because I felt a little evil. They walked up and I gave them an evil grin. I stood up from my seat and whistled loudly.
           They glared at me, whistling mockingly at them. I laughed and sat at my seat. When the little fashion show was over, everyone got out of their seats and talked, gossiping about something. The guys were glaring at Rose and the girls were glaring at me.
        I felt a bit uncomfortable, so I got up from my seat and walked over to my teacher. I explained to her about my friend and I going out for lunch. She understood and told me that I could leave. I thanked her and ran to my desk to get my bag. I grabbed it and walked out of the class, everyone staring at me.
          I ignored them and walked back to my house. When I walked into the bakery, it was quiet. I decided to go and check the living room, but it was deserted. I walked into my room and found Selena waiting for me.
       "Finally! You're 5 minutes late! Whatever. So, you ready for our date?"she asked. I gulped. Nina was right. She thought it was a date! I didn't want to seem rude, so I played along.
        "Ready as I'll ever be. Let me just change first.