Chapter Sixteen: Goodbye Selena! And...What Happened To Marin!?

Marin's POV

         Today is the day. Today is Sunday. The day when Selena leaves. After I had got home yesterday, Selena and I had stayed indoors, watching Netflix. We watched Stranger Things, Riverdale and Teen Wolf. Her favourite TV series.
            Then we went to sleep, for the next day, which is today. Currently, I'm helping Selena pack her bags into the car. She's standing on the sidewalk, with a deep frown on her face. I sighed as I shut the trunk. Selena looked so sad, it made my heart ache.
         "Well, time to go."I sighed. I opened the car door and Selena flew in. I shut the door and called for my parents. "Mom! Dad! It's time to go!"and soon, they walked out of the building. My father sat at the drivers seat, while my mom sat in the passengers seat.
           I sat in the back with Selena. The entire drive to the airport was silent. No one dared to speak. The silence was broken when my father said, "Marin. Help me with her bags." I walked to the back of the car and grabbed her bags. I frowned as I thought of how I wouldn't be seeing her for the next four years. Four years to move on.
          I gulped down a sob. "Come on. We need to get you to gate seven in fifteen minutes."I told Selena. Sh nodded slowly. I walked up the steps and we made our way to gate seven in utter silence. And let me tell you, I would've rather had an argument with Alain about Lady Beetle not being a cool hero, which says a lot.
        I would have rather told Adrienne I had loved her and get rejected, instead of this dreaded silence. But the silence didn't last long, as we reached the gate. I put Selena's luggage on the...I don't even know what they call it. The thing that you put your luggage on, and they're carried to the plane. Yeah, that.
          Selena walked up to my parents and gave them each a hug, thanking them for taking care of her. When she reached me, she just broke down in tears. I freaked out and quickly hugged her, whispering soothing words into her ear.
        "I'm gonna miss you Marin..."she whispered.
        "I'll miss you too..."I said, as I wiped away her tears. "Don't cry."
        "Okay. I'll be brave."she said, as she pulled away from the hug. Her eyes were blurry. The speakers announced that the plane for gate seven was about to take off.
        "Hurry and get on that plane!"I said. Selena chuckled as she pulled me into our last kiss. It was not our longest kiss, but it was the one with all our feeling poured in. As she pulled away, she ran through the door and into the plane, not looking back.

Timeskip....

           I was now sitting in my bedroom, staring at the ceiling, when my little Kwami, Tikki, came into view. "Hey Tikki..."I murmered.
          "Hi Marin...I'm sorry that Selena had to leave...but you will have to move on eventually!"said Tikki.
          "Why should I. Selena was the only one who loved me."I said.
          "What about Adrienne? Don't you still love her?"she asked. I thought it over.
          "Yes. I still do...but she probably doesn't even like me the same way..."I said. I was sad, but angry too. I was mad at Selena for leaving, for making me fall in love with her, at Chatte Noire who questioned me, and made me confess my feelings about Adrienne. Adrienne...
          Tears burned at the corner of my eyes as I spilled down my face. Love is confusing! Love is hurtful! Love is something I don't need in my life! Then, a voice entered my head, and I knew I was being akumatized, as a black and purple butterfly, flew in and landed on my earrings.
           ' Sir Flames. I am Hawkmoth. I know what it feels like to have your heart broken. To be embarrassed. To be no longer loved. I will help teach the ones that have wronged you a lesson, and I only ask for a favor in return. Bring me Lady Beetles' and Kitty Noirs' miraculous. And the power shall be yours.'
        "Yes...Hawkmoth! I will show them! I will let my feelings burn them to the ground!" I turned my attention to the little Kwami, shivering in the corner. "I'm so sorry... Tikki."I apologized, before I was enveloped in the dark clouds.

Adrienne's POV

           I was sitting on my sofa, watching the news as Plagg begged me for his cheese. "Camembert...."he groaned.
          "Hold on for a sec. I'll go get it for you." I said.
          "You better!"he shouted. I rolled my eyes and went over to my bag, pulling out a bag of stinky cheese. "Ewww....I don't know how you can eat this."
         "You have your taste, and I have my own." He growled. "Now hand it over!" I gave him the bag of cheese and slumped down on to the sofa. Suddenly, the news changed over to a news reporter, who was filming live at the Eiffel tower.
        " I'm here at the Eiffel tower, reporting to you that a civilian had been akumatized. I don't know who it is, but all I could tell you, is that he is like no other akumatized victim we've ever encountered. His aura is strong, powerful....yet, sad.
        But don't fear, as our heroes Lady Beetle and Chatte Noire will show up at any moment to save this poor young-"

           She was cut off by a booking, powerful voice, shouting to the world, "THE MIRACULOUS SHALL BE MINE!!!!"
            I turned off the news and stared at Plagg, as he finished his cheese. "Plagg, Claws Out!"I yelled, and was gulped into the light of green and black. I transformed into Chatte Noire and jumped out my window, after looking my room door.
         It took a good few minutes to reach the Eiffel tower, but finally, I made it. And let me tell yah, it was chaos. Citizens scurried around the area, trying to take photos of the destruction that had occurred.
           The ground was splint into two. Houses upon houses were crumbled, like bread. Fire roared around the Eiffel tower. It was as if Hades decided to visit Paris for a get away. I examined the area, searching for the akumatized victim, but came up empty handed.
          Then, a voice spoke. "CHATTE NOIRE! I KNEW YOU WOULD COME! HERE TO GIVE ME YOUR MIRACULOUS, AREN'T YOU!? WELL, I'M RIGHT HERE! SO COME ON AND SAVE ME IF YOU CAN!!!" The voice was coming from the Eiffel tower. Whoever the akumatized victim was, they wanted me to find them.
         I growled. Where is Lady Beetle!? I didn't have time to be waiting like a dog for it's owner. A citizen of Paris was in trouble, and I had to save them. It was my job as a hero. I gulped and walked through the flames, heading towards the citizen.