Chapter 3

Emma's POV

I looked at the tall building rught in front of me. The walls are made out of glass with the sun reflecting it's glorious lights above.

I saw professional people in attire going in and out of the building. I looked at myself and can't avoid being anxious of myself.

According to the caller, I should stop at the 100th floor and look for the receptionist. I still have 30 minutes before 2:00 and I have to deliver this flowers as soon as possible.

I immediately searched for the elevator and I can feel stares from the men inside. They left at the 50th floor and now I am all alone going to my own destination.

The elevator dinged and I am already on top. I looked for the receptionist and she was waiting for me just in front of the entrance.

"Miss Emma, right?"

"Yes"

"Just come with me"

I followed her and I was astonished on how the event hall was decorated. The white roses that they ordered will be a perfect combination for the design.

She told me to wait for the payment and I can't stop to be mesmerized by how beautiful it was.

Just like all the events I used to go but never got the chance to enjoy it.

******************************

Alexander hosted an event  for the Montressor Inc.

She invited evryone like his family, friends and other relatives that I somehoe recognize.

I kept on going back the restroom.to ceheck my make up once in a while to ensure my bruises won't show up.

It is already 2 weeks since he started hurting me for a sin I never commited. I was shocked that he believed  all those lies over his own wife.

I went out the restroom and I went back to my seat and kept quiet just like the good wife he wanted.

One of his associates approached me and congratulated me with a kiss to my back hand. I thank him and I think that was just a friendly gesture. I smiled at him and he left after a small conversation.

I can feel a vision burning through my skull and I can see Alexander looking at me with his murderous gaze.I got nervous and scared at the same time and I can feel my heartbeat until.the end of the event.

It is time to go home and I went straight to the car. I waited for Alexander and I just kept quiet.

I kept on playing at the hem of my dress to ease some of my fear. I was interrupted by my thoughts when Alexander went inside with a loud bang of the car door.

I immediately looked at him and I can see his knuckles turning white with rage.

"Alexander, it's not what it looks-"

He suddenly slapped me making me shut up. I just looked outside all the way home not uttering a single word.

Once we arrived, I immediately went inside the mansion straight to our room. My heartbeat goes fast when I can hear heavy footsteps approaching the room.

My head was pulled back when a large hand grabbed the back of my hair. He slammed my head to the wall and I got dizzy.

"You fucking slut!" he screamed and I just shield my face with my arms.

He pulled my arms away and he suddenly punched me right into my eye. I got dizzy but he never stopped.

"You are always wet when you see rich men... Fucking gold digger!"

"YOU. FUCKING. WHORE" he kept on shouting hitting me right accross the face with each and every word, hard and.painful.

That'e the last thing I remembered before I blacked out.

********************************

My thoughts were interrupted when two workers carrying a large banner excuse themselves because I was blocking their way which is where I was standing right now.

They attached it at the middle of the stage and I was shocked to see what was written in those banners.

"Welcome Mr. Alexander Montressor"

Just in time, the receptionist cane back with an envelope containing the money and I was glad I can get out of here.

But luck was not on my side

As I was about to turn around, all the colors drained in my body because I bumped to no other than the monster himself,

"Alexander"