Chapter 23

Emma's POV

I can hear continues beeping. My eyelids felt heavy but I tried my best to open them slowly. I can see myself lying in bed with white walls surrounding me. Tubes were attached to my body and breathing is really difficult for me.

I can feel warmth to my right hand. Looking to my side, I saw Alexander sleeping holding my hand. I tried to move but I felt pain making me wince. Alexander felt that I was awake and now he looked at me.

"E-emma your awake"

Silence

"Is there something you want? Is there something painful? Just tell me"

Silence

I just looked into his eyes with dark bags underneath.  He looked like a mess but I no longer care.

I tried to remove my hand from his hold with all my might and I suceeded. I can feel my thirst and I tried to reach for the cup to the bedside table.

Alexander quickly moved holding the cup for me instead. I immediately sipped the water giving refreshment to my throat.

He set the cup down and went back to sit down to my side. Silence filled the room until the doctor came in to check on me.

I just ignored their presence and I just answered the doctor's question with several nods. After some time, the doctor left us.

I looked at Alexander once again with my blank stare. I cut the silence between us and I started talking.

"How long am I out?"

"It's been a week already"

Tears were now flowing down my eyes. I looked at him like I was pleadin instead of anger.

"You should have let me die. You should have let me go so that I could already rest. I had enough, because my life is already tiring. It is just pure pain and suffering. Please......"

Alexander suddenly hugged me and I can also hear him crying with me.

"I am really sorry, Emma.  Im sorry for what I did, I know my sorry won't fixed anything but please give me a chance.......I-i will change for you, I will do it right this time just please don't leave me"

I just closed my eyes letting the exaustion take place bringing me to sleep.

After a week, I am ready to go out of the hospital and go home. I went out without informing Alexander. I decided to try and live again.

I went back to the house, staright to the kitchen. The food in the hospital is not that great and I am craving for home made foods.

I went to the backyard to gather some vegetables. My strawberries were ready to harvest and I am planning to make a pie out of it. I went back inside after I was finished picking the berries up.

The flour is not enough and I have to buy some several ingredients. I planned to buy at the local grocery so I took my purse and I head out.

As I was looking around the grocery I saw a bunch of magazines displayed. A certain cover got my attention and my mind brightens with an idea.

"New York, A Place to Start Your Dream"