Chapter 28

Emma's POV

Alexander was on the phone all night long giving orders to all his men to double the security of all his property. We know who we are dealing against and I know deep inside Alexander feared the power Dimitri holds around Italy.

"Pack all your things, you will be moving to my private island along with Mia" he brought out luggage just for me.

"How about you? Why are you packing only my things?" I said getting worried at least

"I will stay here and try everything I can to protect you and your loved one. I think it is also the time to repay my mistakes to you. I know that you will never forgive me, but I will keep on trying until I can earn your heart and trust once more. On the island, take your time to heal and maybe one day you are strong enough to love again even if it wasn't me anymore. Always remember that I love you"
I can't say a single word about what he said

"Let's hurry up, the car is waiting for you downstairs"

I suddenly hugged him and tears are streaming down my face. He hugged me back inhaling my scent one more time.

"Please be careful, I don't want you to be hurt"

"I will," he said pulling me out of the room along with my luggage.

Mia is waiting outside and we immediately went inside the car. The engines came to life. The car went forward and I looked back at Alexander. He is waving at me with a sad smile to his face. I raised my hand to say goodbye until the view is getting further, vanishing the sight of the mansion I once called home.

*********************

We arrived at the island exhausted. The boat got a delay and the sun is scorching giving off some heat. A three-story house was built in the middle of the island. It looks luxurious and elegant at the same time. The boat left us and now, Mia and I are alone.

The house opened and we were greeted by a maid and a butler named Helen and Rick. They are in their 50's with the look of aging.

They showed us our room and I immediately fell in love with the place. It is really comfortable and feels very homey. Mia's room is just right across mine.

I was about to rest but I heard Helen entering the room. I followed and I saw Mia throwing up inside the bathroom.

"Mia, what's wrong?" I asked

"I -I don't know" she replied

It was silent for a moment when suddenly, the realization hit me. Could it be?

"Helen, do you have a pregnancy test somewhere here in the house? " I told her

"Yes ma'am, I'll be right back," she said then left

Mia's eyes widened and I don't know what to say. I can hear her take a deep breath trying to soothe herself.

Helen came back with the pregnancy stick and I handed it to Mia for her to take it.

"Just pee on the stick and wait for a while to see"

She just nodded and went inside the bathroom. After a while, I can hear her crying inside. I was about to knock on the door but she opened it.

"Emma, I- I'm pregnant with his child"