Chapter 27

Emma's POV

I was enjoying my sleep when suddenly, Alexander woke me up in the middle of the night.

"Why did you woke me up" I said groggily

"The guards are looking for you downstairs. They said a woman wants to barge in because you knew her"

"Who might it be?" I asked myself

I removed the duvet , exposing my whole body, I am only in my bra and panty. I can see Alexander tensed up, swallowing the lump that formed inside his throat. I immediately took my robe tightening it in the proccess.

I went downstairs and I saw one of the guards soaked from the rain.

"Ma'am someone by the name of Mia is looking for you. She said she was your cousin and she needs your help"

It can't be, it's impossible for her to be here in Italy. I know that I left her back in New York.

"Where is she?"

"Ma'am, she is inside the guard house wai-"

I never let him finish because I immediately went near the gates where the guard house resides. I don't care about the rain, I don't care if I get sick, all I wish is for Mia to be well.

Without knocking, I opened the door to see Mia wrapped in a towel, shaking due to the cold. She is in deep thoughts and I can see some bruises into her face.

"Mia?" I called out

"Emma-" she started to sob

I immediately hugged her, I cried because I can see myself in that type of sitution from the past. Alexander came in and saw us and I looked back at Mia.

"Tell me what happened?" I asked

I can feel her tensed

"Dimitri... Dimitri Alfonso kidnapped me"

My eyes widened and so is Alexander then Mia continued,

"He... He took my innocence Emma, he took it. I tried to fight him off but he is too strong... He hurt me-"

By now Mia is crying and sobbing like there's no tomorrow.

"Please Emma don't let him find me, I am scared, I know he's after me: