Chapter 15

Emma's POV

(1 year old Alexa)

It is Alexa's first birthday and I worked day and night for a whole week to give her a happy birthday. I worked as a janitor in the morning and I worked as a waitress at night.

Here I am on my way to the bakery to buy strawberry cake for my little baby. As I was looking through the pantries, someone bumped into me and it was no other than Alexander.

I just ignored him and I can feel his intense stare directed to me. I kept on looking for the cake until I found the right one. I took the cake and I called one of the staff to prepare it and wrapped it up for me.

"So we are a janitor now, huh. Did your lover kick you out too?" he said looking at my janitor's uniform.

"Please Alexander I don't want to make a scene"

"Why are you ashamed of what you did? Are you ashamed that you cheated on me?!" he said a little louder earning few head to look into our direction.

I did not utter a single word and I just focused on what I must do to my baby's birthday.

"Ma'am what should I write on the icing?" the staff asked

"Just write Alexa Montressor please"

"Now your using my name for that bastard's kid, UNBELIEVABLE!" Now he said it loud this time and now the whole bakery gone silent watching the scene.

I can feel the tears tempting to flow but I fought it back. I can feel the embarrasment rising through my spine and I can feel the shiver because of the stares and people start whispering to one another.

"I-i...ughm......Write Alexa Williams instead" I told the staff and she started writing it down and putting it inside a box.

I payed for the cake and Alexander whispered,

"You did this to yourself" and he stormed out of the store.

I cn see people around me looking at me full of disgust and some have pity into their eyes.

I walked home being a sobbing mess. I stopped in front of the door and I wiped away the tears. I fixed my hair and I looked at myself at the reflection on the window. Once I was done, I tried my fullest to smile for my daughter. I opened the door and there she is looking at my smiling face.

"Happy Birthday Alexa"