Chapter 13

Emma's POV

"Please I really need the job, I-i can be your shop's janitor if you want"

I looked into his eyes pleading with sincerety. He think of it and he finally agreed.

"Thank you very much sir"

"You will start tomorrow and you will receive 5 dollars per hour for 6 days a week. And of course Sunday is your day off."

He gave me my uniform and I went back home to my own apartment. I left Alexa with my neighbor Mrs. Rose who is an elderly woman. I got nervous when I saw my landlord Mr. Rick taking away my things outside with Mrs. Rose standing on the side not understanding the whole situation.

"Why are you taking away my things?"

"Someone boight your apartment with higher price. I am sorry Ms. Emma but business is business" he said

I took all the bags and taking Alexa from Mrs. Rose.

"Mrs. Rose, thank you for your kindness"

"Emma take care of yourself" with a sad smile up to her face

I still have my parents house and it is my last option. No one lives there because my parents are already dead when I was a child. I begin my walk and I notice a familiar car parked on the side of the street.

Alexander

He went out of the car going here to my direction. I can see the hatred to his face and I just looked at him waiting for him to do anything.

"Alexander just leave me alone"

I was about to walk away but he took hold of my right arm. The grip was so tight it will probably leave a bruise.

"Never think that it would be easy to walk away from me. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" he said through gritted teeth.

I pulled away my arm and I immediately walked away without glancing at him fearing of what he might do to me and my baby.