Chapter 19

Emma's POV

I took Alexa home and I prepared her bed to lay her down. I fixed a warm water in a basin to clean her body with a clean towel. While I was cleaning her up, I can't stop the tears from flowing down my face. I covered my mouth with my hands to contain my sobs. I don't want her to hear my cries even if she is unconconcious.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face up and I looked at my own reflection. My eyes are dull with dark bags forming. I looked weaker and paler than my normal skin color. I can see my bones starting to poke out because now that I am thinner than before.

I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner for Alexa. I liquified all her food because I fed her using a tube connected to her organ. I still have hoped for her to become well. She is the only one left for me to love.

A month went by and Alexa is still under coma. I am facing a financial problem because I quit all my jobs to take care of her. My electrical bill was cut off because I got so broke that I never managed to pay the house bills. Even if the house is devoured by darkness, I can still see the light in Alexa's every breathe.

The next day, I was in the backyard picking vegetables. When I came back inside the house, I can hear a thud coming from the inside. I rushed in to see Alexa having a seizure. I immediately wemt nect to her to comfort her body which is in shock.

"A-alexa, oh my god please help my daughter"

I just hugged her body until it calm down. I kept on crying and sobbing and I don't know what to do. I can hear her deeo and hollow breathes and I know she is struggling for her life.

December 25th........

Alexa is still unconcious. I never gave up on her and I carried her upstair going to the rooftop. I want to watch the fireworks display of the city with her into my arms. She is becoming weaker in each passing day just like my hopes.

"Alexa, do you know what it is today?"

"It is actually Christmas"

"The doctor said you will only live for a month but guess what, they are wrong"

"We managed to stay strong and I have strong hopes for us"

"P-please wake up for mommy please"

And I cried my heart out. The fireworks starts to descend into the sky and I can't stop but to envy the live of the people around. Here they are celebrating while I am here agonizing the pain for my own daughter.

After the show, I went back inside the house to witness my daughter fighting for her breath. She struggling to stay alive, for me. I don't want to be selfish and I know it's time.

It's time to let go.

I kneeled next to her ear with tears streaming down my eyes.

"A-alexa, I know you are tired already, Mama will always love you, it's okay to rest now"

With that, a single tear made it's way to her cheecks and everything stopped.

Her heartbeat stopped, her breathing stopped, and my hope stopped.

Now, I am completely, a shattered wife.

RS#1: Life Of The Shattered [COMPLETE✔]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara