Chapter 8

Emma's POV

Everyday Alexander is getting worse. He locked inside the room depriving me from food. I am starving and my body is in pain. The bruise were all black and blue it's like a paint splattered to my skin.

I heard his footstep outside the door. I can hear glass being shattered and I am getting scared.

The door opened revealing a very angry Alexander. He made his way to my direction and my eyes widened.

"The company lost so much money this year, did you know why?" he asked

I just looked at him confused and I just stayed silent

"I know your the one stealing from my company...DON'T LIE TO ME YOU BITCH!"

I started sobbing because I really don't know what happened. I know where this is going and I don't want to be beaten up.

"I-i really don't know"

He pulled me off the bed and I started crying. He grabbed me by the neck and he slammed me to the wall.

"P-lease Alexander y-you know I'm pregnant" 

It seems he didn't even care because he threw me off the floor and I struggled to breathe.

I suddenly felt pain to my ribs because he kicked me. He grabbed me by my hair and he backhanded me really hard. I am starting to lose conciousness and the last thing that is on my mind is

"I wish my baby is safe"

*******************************

Alexander stand up from where he was seated and I just looked at him. He motioned for me to sit down and I just followed not wanting to test his temper.

I never dared to touch the food. I just seated there not wanting to talk to him.

"I'm sorry, I was so wrong, I believed those lies over you. Please Emma, I want to bring back the love we once shared" he said with sincerity in his voice. He took hold of my hand that caught my attention.

I was shocked at first but I suddenly laughed without humor. I removed my hand away from his like it was the most disgusting thing on the planet.

"Taking you back won't change anything, you disgust me"

"I know I fucked up, please give me a chance"

"I already gave you a lot of chances in the past. I waited and endured everything you put me through because I thought you will change but I was so wrong. Did you know what I felt all those sleepless nights where I can hear your moans of pleasure for your mistresses? Did you count all my pleads for you to stop? Did you gave mercy for the life of my child, the baby that I love the most but died because of your doing!"

My voice cracked at my last statement. The dinner table kept quiet and my tears were flowing down my face.

"I want to go home"

"NO! I will bring you back to Italy wether you like it or not because YOUR. MINE!"