#30 - Jordan

It was rather close to Christmas break, and all of the teachers wanted nothing more than to keep their students entertained with movies or free time so that they could get work done before the holidays. It was no different in the eighth grade Science classroom taught by my favorite teacher. 

A movie played on the Smartboard overhead, something that I'd never seen and had no desire to watch. I was much more interested in watching my recently gained girlfriend, longtime crush, and best friend Jordan play a game called Tap Tap Dash on her phone.

"How even?" I muttered to myself as she conquered yet another level. She was on like level 155, wheras I couldn't get past level 25. She had always been better at phone games than me, especially puzzle games or games using a lot of hand-eye coordination. I was better at time management games.

I snuggled slightly closer to her side to watch her play. Ordinarily, it wouldn't interest me, but something about how she was playing the game, how her fingers were working over the screen, had me mesmerized. Not to mention, I was eager for any excuse I could get to have her arm wrapped around my shoulders.

Okay, not going to lie, the arm around my shoulders was the real reason I was sitting there, watching her play the game. It felt warm and safe, making me think of chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven, a field full of flowers in full bloom, and rainy days. 

I was stuck on the image of rainy days in my mind. Looking at her green orbs of eyes, which were almost hidden behind her curtain of ginger-colored hair, I could almost see the storm clouds inside her mind.

I could almost hear the thunder crashing through her soul. There was something about her beauty that was just dark in a way. It was hard for me to explain at the time.

But, looking at Jordan sitting beside me, with her arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me into her side, I didn't care. I didn't care that I couldn't explain it, or that I knew I didn't know everything there was to know about her. 

I only cared about her.

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter is so short. I'm running low on inspiration. Also, sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Again, low on inspiration. I hope you liked this chapter!

All my love,

Em