#26 - Jordan

"Would you rather have a threesome with Mr. Kirkwood and Austin, 7th grade Austin, or Mr. Kirkwood and...Timothy?" 

I curled my lip at Katelyn's question. "Oh, god. Screw you for putting those images in my head," I said, and Jordan nodded against my chest. 

The small movement made me look down at my beautiful girlfriend, who was laying half in my lap and half on my chest. I smiled, continuing to play with her hair, letting the silky strands slip through my fingers. I could tell she was almost asleep, and it made me smile from the inside out to know that I could calm her so.

"I guess the first one," I told Katelyn with a disgusted look on my face. "Timothy's a damn rapist." She laughed. "True." I looked over at her and we shared a small, girlfriends-with-someone-we-like-taking-care-of smile. It was almost like a mother's moment. She had her boyfriend, Austin, in her lap, and I had Jordan in mine. I felt like I was part of something bigger than myself, something important. I felt like I actually had a purpose for being on this Earth, and she was currently laying on me, humming a Panic! At The Disco song.

We went back and forth like that for a while, finding horrible Would You Rather questions, while Austin and Jordan listened, occasionally jumping into the conversation. It was lunchtime, and we were sitting up on our podium, looking out across the gym. The podium used to be Jordan's seat and Jordan's only, but I had slowly yet surely stolen it from her, and now we shared it every day.

Of course, that was the fist day we'd shared it as a couple.

I smiled at that thought. A couple. It was a beautiful thought, and it came to me like a white swan, flying on beautiful white wings. It felt special, wholesome, pure. It felt right. 

I embraced the thought. At first, when we had started dating, I was reminded of my only past relationship that meant something, but now, I didn't think about Jenna anymore. Even if it did turn out to be exactly like that, I couldn't be bothered to give a damn. Being with Jordan felt so right and so good and I was so in love with her at that point that I honestly couldn't care less if she wanted to beat me to a bloody pulp. I would let her. I would let her do anything she wanted to me. 

But besides that, I knew Jordan. Hell, she was my best friend. I knew she wouldn't do what Jenna had done. Of course, there was still a small part of me that said she would, but I couldn't do anything about that. The small part would never go away. 

I stroked Jordan's red hair, marveling in the beauty of the moment. I loved every moment that I spent with her, but for some reason, that one felt special. It felt important, like it would matter in twenty years. I wanted to treasure it, cherish it; for I knew it was in fact a moment, and moments are always gone at some point.

As if to prove my thoughts, the bell for class rang overhead, and I felt Jordan shift her weight beneath me. I sighed internally, not wanting to lose her warmth. Not wanting to lose the love I had hoped was coming from her at that particular particle in time. 

I love her, and I wished, from that moment on, that I could simply sit and love her forever.